5th annual Tucson CSC New Years Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brad came on the Gap run a couple years ago when Chris blew his front diff. He had the real clean 4 Runner. I think you were there.

Yep, your right..I think that was my first run with you guys, or was it the year before? When did the 2 guys with the buggies show up?

And last year Chris needed 17 tire plugs to get home right?;)

If I can come, I am bringing 6 tires, some CV's, and whatever else may happen to no one but me. My truck is needing a lot of TLC, not sure if I can make it this year. :frown:

Parson's Grove:hmm:

Is that one of the old Salizar ranch ruins which had all the old refrigerators laying around?

Some of us from Tucson are going to run thru Reddingtonto the San Pedro, run up the River Road into Mammoth. If you want to join in this check the first post for meet times.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, BUMP. :flipoff2:

If I can come, I am bringing 6 tires, some CV's, and whatever else may happen to no one but me. My truck is needing a lot of TLC, not sure if I can make it this year. :frown:

Lest we forget, I was the one who went click click click all the way home last year...but I dont plan to bring a spare diff;)

Hope I can make this one but work schedule thru the holidays may prevent it.

...we may be not feeling it re camping. So I checked out Foster's Lodge in Mammoth AZ.
It says they got wireless internet, free local calls... who (the f***) should I call in Mammoth if I were to stay at Foster's Lodge??? :D

...we may be not feeling it re camping. So I checked out Foster's Lodge in Mammoth AZ.
It says they got wireless internet, free local calls... who (the f***) should I call in Mammoth if I were to stay at Foster's Lodge??? :D

The trail starts in Mammoth, we'll be closer to Safford when we get thru. If you were going to drive back to Mammoth you may as well go back to PHX as far as time and distance go.

The trail starts in Mammoth, we'll be closer to Safford when we get thru. If you were going to drive back to Mammoth you may as well go back to PHX as far as time and distance go.

I know. I thought of staying in Mammoth the night before the run, then after the run drive out to Safford, and on home.
It was the "free local calls" on the lodge advert that made me chuckle...:)

Parson's Grove:hmm:

Is that one of the old Salizar ranch ruins which had all the old refrigerators laying around?

Weren't you looking for a cast iron refrigerator to make into a meat smoker? Here's your chance - just bring that M131 trailer with you....

I know. I thought of staying in Mammoth the night before the run, then after the run drive out to Safford, and on home.
It was the "free local calls" on the lodge advert that made me chuckle...:)

The only 2 calls worth making are the tortilla factory or La Casita..:lol:

Seriously, if you do stay there, have to eat at La Casita, best machaca and chili rellenos this side of the border..

Weren't you looking for a cast iron refrigerator to make into a meat smoker? Here's your chance - just bring that M131 trailer with you....

I was kinda hopin' to talk Alvin into hauling it out for me, he didn't have enough stuff on that roof rack last time..

I was kinda hopin' to talk Alvin into hauling it out for me, he didn't have enough stuff on that roof rack last time..

We can tie a strap to it and drag it home, that may affect my mileage some. OR if you're man enough to put it on the roof rack and take it down your self....:hillbilly:

I could see going up rug road with an additional 400 pounds up there..:eek:

The only 2 calls worth making are the tortilla factory or La Casita..:lol:

Seriously, if you do stay there, have to eat at La Casita, best machaca and chili rellenos this side of the border..

How do you rate the place on the corner on the way out of Hayden/Winlkelman?

How do you rate the place on the corner on the way out of Hayden/Winlkelman?

Towards Superior?
Never eaten there, got a co-worker who lives in Dudleyville, I can ask him if you want..

Mr. Baggins-

I have a friend with a stock FJC, locked rear. He doesn't mind pinstripes. Does this trail require high clearance, or will he be OK?

You guys are still planning to camp, yes? I may be in on that, but will need to dovetail with Kevin's crew somehow to meet the next day. Will need to find out where they're staying and if there's camping relatively close if they're not near your camp. Also, most likely will have another 80 along, the same guy I brought along last year.

So our plan is to drive to Mammoth in the morning of Jan 01, participate in the Rug Road Run, then drive out in the evening to stay in Globe. Then go 'wheeling somewhere near Superior on the way home on Jan 02.

I have a reservation at the Motel 6, which, incidentally, is rated the #1 accommodation in Globe...:grinpimp:

My (tentative) plan is to follow along until Globe, camp at Oak Flats, and join in the Saturday fun. Hopefully bringing a friend (lifted 80) along. And possibly another friend in a stock FJC.

You daytrippers must be tough hombres!

Are you guys planning on driving the Rug Road Trail in both directions in one day from Mammoth to the Aravaipa and back? That would be one heck of a trip!! I would be surprised that it could be driven in less than 5 or 6 hours in one direction from Mammoth. And if you are driving to Globe from the Aravaipa out to Klondyke etc. isn't there about 40 miles of dirt road to get out to Highway 70(albeit usually decent dirt travel) and then from there at least another hour into Globe? Anyway, it reminds of the kind of stuff that I used to do when I was much much younger. Don't think that I could pull it off these days!! My hat's off to you if you get it done!

Are you guys planning on driving the Rug Road Trail in both directions in one day from Mammoth to the Aravaipa and back? That would be one heck of a trip!! I would be surprised that it could be driven in less than 5 or 6 hours in one direction from Mammoth. And if you are driving to Globe from the Aravaipa out to Klondyke etc. isn't there about 40 miles of dirt road to get out to Highway 70(albeit usually decent dirt travel) and then from there at least another hour into Globe? Anyway, it reminds of the kind of stuff that I used to do when I was much much younger. Don't think that I could pull it off these days!! My hat's off to you if you get it done!

No, Mammoth to Turkey Creek..Overnighter... And some will exit toward Safford the next day, and the ones who crave more punishment will exit the next day the same way we came in...;) (hopefully with a fridge):lol:

Alvin, we do need to set a meet time at the circle k in mammoth.. 9 o'clock?

Edit: Found it, 8:00 it is..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom