5th Annual 100's in the Hills - Ouray, CO 7/31-8/02 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just made it home, Stockton CA!

Thanks to HiH organizers; Stan, Chris, and Tim for guiding our first run Friday. The time spent with my family and the Hundreds group was priceless... Thanks again for making this trip happen. We meet a bunch of great people and had the best neighbors, Kelly (AZ) and Kyle from (MO), and proved that a BONE Stock 100 (with running boards) can walk up the water fall at Black Bear Pass with ease while a modified Jeep struggles...

Stan, Thanks for the great spotting going down Black Bear steps! My running boards are still functional:)

Chris, I hope to see you guys next year for the Rubiton!

Thanks again,

Ko

Great to start seeing pics from the event and some of the views we unfortunately missed. Even though our trip was stopped short with having to leave Friday afternoon, we still had a great time. Thank you to the Directors and Sponsors for putting on a great event and providing the opportunity for us to gather as a 100 series community!

Made it home late last night after a full day on the road. It's 100* here at 10am and I am already missing CO.

Had a great time, was good to see everyone again and enjoyed meeting those of you attending for the first time.

Big thanks to @paflytyer and @bluecruiser for once again putting together a great event. Thanks for all your hard work.

Awesome time with great people! One of my favorite ways to spend my birthday! BTW, happy Sam Craven's day! Hope the remaining of your trip is great! Thank you all for being an awesome group of people!
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1438701516.864049.jpg

Yes, big thanks to our Organizers and Trail Leaders! Much appreciated. The new rack is money, thank you Gamiviti!
Austin, I found some brackets in my truck that you may need...PM me and I will ship them to you.
IMG_8356.JPG

Great pics - more please!

Reactions: LEX
Almost home! Stopped in Barstow for gas and it's 101* on the shade! :(
Parked for a beer so I can handle the rest! I had put a piece of chewed bubble gum in the cup holder and I look down and the thing is boiling!

I had the same fuel problem yesterday at the entrance to Grand Canyon park. Stopped to shoot some pics and fuel was boiling, truck would not start! Had to sit there for about 40 min venting before going!

It amazed me how many people stopped to shoot the same pics 5 feet away from me and look at me puzzled with what I was doing and NOT a single one asked if I needed any kind of help at all! They would just give one last look, hop in and take off! All of them, Americans and foreign tourists! I didn't need any help but it bugs me real bad that nobody gives a s**t anymore!

People suck! Well, almost all people suck!
Stan, you are the man! What you did is beyond any praise we can hand to you!
No matter how that story comes out and who gets credit for what, there's ONE who knows exactly what, how, why and with what intentions you helped those people up in Black Bear Pass! He will reward you! Keep it up!

See all you guys on the trails!

Last edited:
Well... that was awesome. FYI the rain followed us. all. the. way. home. Stan is a world class baddass. My daughter rules. My old lady is a keeper. We need a bigger tent. A foxwing is in my future. Tim from Gamiviti is genuinely a great dude that make quality products. Got my call sign on the way home. Ham is the jam. Thank you directors. I will nap now.

image.jpg

[QUOTE="Get outside, post:

It amazed me how many people stopped to shoot the same pics 5 feet away from me and look at me puzzled with what I was doing and NOT a single one asked if I needed any kind of help at all! They would just give one last look, hop in and take off! All of them, Americans and foreign tourists! I didn't need any help but it bugs me real bad that nobody gives a s**t anymore!

People suck! Well, almost all people suck![/QUOTE]

Had a similar experience..,,my son and I drove over to the Grand Canyon after he experienced altitude sickness at Clear Lake. We were just not ready to go home.

But, the people visiting there were just rude! All of the locals were really nice in Flagstaff, but I couldn't believe how many of the visitors behaved. Guess I was just expecting everyone to be as nice as the group of 100 series owners (and the one 80 series and GX owners) I had left in Ouray!

We ended up having some terrible luck 10 minutes before departing camp at noon on Monday. My wife was helping me back the cruiser up to the pop-up camper and neither of us realized the trailer tongue was about 1/2" too low. The ball hit it, knocked it up and then the tongue jack/wheel fell off the side of the leveling blocks, toward my wife. In the process it hit her wrist and it looks like there is a fracture. We made it home ok but she has been in a lot of pain since. Went to urgent care this morning and probably orthopedic doctor in the next couple of days. What a terrible way to end such a fantastic weekend with everyone.

Sorry to hear that Marc, hope it heals up nicely for her. Definitely not a good end but at least it was at the end and not at the begining..

We ended up having some terrible luck 10 minutes before departing camp at noon on Monday. My wife was helping me back the cruiser up to the pop-up camper and neither of us realized the trailer tongue was about 1/2" too low. The ball hit it, knocked it up and then the tongue jack/wheel fell off the side of the leveling blocks, toward my wife. In the process it hit her wrist and it looks like there is a fracture. We made it home ok but she has been in a lot of pain since. Went to urgent care this morning and probably orthopedic doctor in the next couple of days. What a terrible way to end such a fantastic weekend with everyone.
Terrible news. Sorry about that Marc. Hope your wife recovers quickly.

Got some new desktop pics for the laptop, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom