51 Toyota Truck 4 Sale! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

no need to do that...it's an m-37 :)

Yep, just to further clarify, the first one posted is a Dodge M-37. Steve Kopito lists some of the differences here in this thread: https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=87882 All the pictures in that thread are Toyotas.

The one in this auction is a Toyota: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Toyota-2FQ-15...QQcmdZViewItem (Archie, you've redeemed yourself. ;) )

For visual cues:
Aprons: the Toyota has a distinctive opening in the apron.
Running boards: the FQ has an exposed rear support for the running board.
20" rims: instead of the 16" rims of the Dodge.
Grille gaurd: The M37 had the running lights inboard of the headlight and a more rectangular gaurd. The FQ layout is similar to the WW2 Dodge 1/2 and 3/4 ton Dodges where the guard tapers down at the fender.

For visual cues:
Aprons: the Toyota has a distinctive opening in the apron.
Running boards: the FQ has an exposed rear support for the running board.
20" rims: instead of the 16" rims of the Dodge.
Grille gaurd: The M37 had the running lights inboard of the headlight and a more rectangular gaurd. The FQ layout is similar to the WW2 Dodge 1/2 and 3/4 ton Dodges where the guard tapers down at the fender.

fj40 type parts: side mirrors (early fj40 type), windshild hold downs (early fj40 type), interior knobs and interior lights (early fj40 type), directional lights (early fj40 type)

some more things that can be seen clearly :)

Last edited:
Front license plate bracket. :D

Found one on google

fq15-1.jpg

The Toyota FC15 was originally requested by US Army HQ Japan. It was intended to be a local version of the M37 to supply the US Army and the JDF. They made cargo and hard and soft top ambulance versions as well.

they also made a tanker version :)

Prove it! :D

I'll take that as a "I'd like to see a picture of that!" :D

Johnny found this before and posted it to the other thread, it is a 2 1/2 ton though:
2_dw2.JPG

I'll take that as a "I'd like to see a picture of that!" :D

Johnny found this before and posted it to the other thread, it is a 2 1/2 ton though:

ahhh ya beat me to it...i'm getting slow :) thanks Cruiser_Nurd

the Dw's and the Fq's were very much the same ...but...can you see the differences? :grinpimp:

there was two types of 15 series toyota's the fq and dw's....called dw15's ...deisel version...2 1/2 ton...as Cruiser_Nurd stated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom