50,000+ miles on Icons (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Today I received my rebuilt shocks back rom Icon. I took them directly over to my buddies shop for install. Everything looked great and I'll try to get some photos up here later on. Icon sent back my old pistons and shims, old mounting hardware (all in vacuum sealed plastic bags) along with the new mounting hardware which was a nice surprise. And new stickers. Top notch! Its the small details that get my attention sometimes. Update to follow

Aesome to hear - that's fast ! look forward to your impression on the valving change.....

the rears are all nice and new looking. The fronts will look more complete once the coils are back on them.

IMG_8775.JPG

IMG_8774.JPG

Post install and rebuild update
I've put maybe 100 miles on the truck since Wednesday after getting it out of the shop for suspension re-install and new shoes put on.

The first thing I noticed is my tundra front coils are silver not black which not a sticking point just different. These coils are strong. It lifted the front end A little over 2" over my existing 3+" lift so that was addressed by backing it down 1 1/4", my objective was not to get more height. It's there if I want it though.

IMG_1491.JPG

Last edited:
heres the new shoes - Cooper STT PRO 315/70/17 - coming from 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grapplers.

IMG_1493.JPG

Last edited:
Here's how much space is now available for travel with the new springs actually supporting my vehicles weight. It does not sag currently, in a month I'll see if that's holding true

IMG_1501.JPG

Roomy in there

The ride with the revalving and new coils is spot on with what I thought it should be and maybe a bit more. As I had mentioned in my initial posts I was limited on utilizing the 1-10 adjustments for the CDCV resi's - I had to lived in the 8-10 range due to the vehicle weight for my set up. I now have full range of the 1-10 or S-H settings. I cruised around in setting 2 yesterday for half the day and it was plush but not sloppy by any means, basically like ridingin a big 4WD caddy. Today I selected setting 4 and it was great, firm and forgiving. Cornering - my weight did not even shift (that's the coils and shocks doing their thing) and the small road bumps that I could see but did not feel. I'm pumped. Dylan and his team worked some magic like I hoped they would. This has been Very much worth the learning experience.
To give a full on report I'll have to log more mileage than i current have been able to do. I will update again and I need to test it out on the trails.

All I will say is if you bolt on weight be ready to learn about what else you need to do to support that weight. Don't think it's as it needs to be, you just might not be experiencing the intended ability of your suspension. If you think something's off about it then you're probably correct. There are no stupid questions, you owe it to yourself to understand what you've spent your money on and you need to enjoy it! I promise you the company that made your gear wants nothing more than for you to be happy with your experience and will be happy to work with you on how to achieve that. Your feedback may also help that vendor with their findings and tuning. Buy good gear from those who will support you.

Last edited:
IMG_1505.JPG
IMG_1508.JPG
IMG_1509.JPG
IMG_1512.JPG
IMG_1513.JPG

HOLY S**T that thing is a BEAST!!!

Truck is looking great Willy!!!
interesting about the springs. I just sent my Icons in for service yesterday, my tundra springs were black. wonder if the new springs are heavy duty for a tundra?

Really looking forward to hear what you think of the new shoes.

Looking good brother. What is spring rate for front coilovers? constant or dual rate?

originally the Icon LC200 coils were 600 lbs / now these Tundra coils are 700 lbs - good question on the constant or dual rate - I'm going to call Icon today and get an answer on that.

Looking good brother. What is spring rate for front coilovers? constant or dual rate?
Constant rate 700 lbs not dual

Am curious to see a pic of the CVs/angles at your suspension height. Thanks in advance :)

i'll get you some - i'm running a diff drop so keep that in mind

Willy, has your ride height changed since changing Springs but dialing back the preload?
Care to share the hub to fender measurements.
Thanks

Riding a little stink bug on stock shocks up front while icons are off to get rebuilt.
20170119_130229.jpg
doesn't look to bad in the pic. But the driveway is on a slope. Had to remove the mud flaps to clear 285/75r17s.

Willy, has your ride height changed since changing Springs but dialing back the preload?
Care to share the hub to fender measurements.
Thanks
Yes - it went up 3/4" from before. The center of hub to bottom of fender lip now measures 25"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom