5.29 with 35’s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

I have a 95 80 with 300,000 on it. Birfields are ticking so time to rebuild. I also just ordered a youkon locker for the back. Not a daily driver but I will need to cruise the highway to get to trails. A few questions:

Will 5.29 and 35’s roll at 55-60 comfortably?

I have found good options for gears but where are you getting your bearings?

Which alloy is necessary for birfields?

Thinking about a Harrop e locker for front, any thoughts? Where is a good dealer?

Thanks in advance!

Hello all,

I have a 95 80 with 300,000 on it. Birfields are ticking so time to rebuild. I also just ordered a youkon locker for the back. Not a daily driver but I will need to cruise the highway to get to trails. A few questions:

Will 5.29 and 35’s roll at 55-60 comfortably?

I have found good options for gears but where are you getting your bearings?

Which alloy is necessary for birfields?

Thinking about a Harrop e locker for front, any thoughts? Where is a good dealer?

Thanks in advance!
Georg Esterer at Valley Hybrids has sold/installed more Harrops than anyone else - anywhere in USA, etc. georg@cruiserbrothers.com

I’ve driven with 35s and 5.29s you’ll be fine if you are happy doing 60mph, felt nice at lower speeds power wise. I have 37s on 5.29s and turn 2800 at 70 mph maybe hair more.

I have 35’s and 5.29s. I daily drive my ride and go 65. It’s very comfortable between 60-65.

Im on stock gears with 35s works fine for me. But I have patience, since I drive an 18 wheeler. So I might be doing 37s and 5.29s later

Same gear/tire on my 80 too. Totally fine, a little slow when towing. I have patience similar to @Fj81, but for different reasons, I have a ‘77 Mercedes 300D (non turbo). It probably can’t make 60hp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom