4x4 Labs DIY rear bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:flipoff2:
4-14-2007_1.jpg

Done yet?

:flipoff2:

Looking Good!!!!

:bounce: :bounce2:

Didn't get out of there till 1AM, didn't shoot pix, so here are a few daylight ones. Big thanks to Phil for stopping by to help.:cool: All of the structure on mine is done, just needs the side tubes. Rob got a late start, his wings and crossbar are welded and ground, we are going to try to get the receiver and recovery parts in one night this week and the swing next Sat.

On mine the frame rails were a little narrow, had to move the recovery points slightly closer together and shorten the receiver support tube. Very happy with the kit, very little grinding, fitting needed to make the parts fit and the resulting bumper is way :cool:! What a great project, lots of work, but very rewarding, Thanks Luke!:cheers:
4-15-2007_1.jpg
4-15-2007_2.jpg
4-15-2007_3.jpg

Mine is the poverty pack, plain bar, so there is a gap between the bumper and bottom of the tailgate, allowing a view of the trucks underwear. With a swing it wouldn't be noticeable, looking at putting a filler panel to clean it up.

Also looking at putting some mount tabs on the front of the wings to hold mud flaps and possibly trim the stock plastic panels to fit, cleaning up the fender wells and reducing the mud and debris that get into the wing area.
4-15-2007_4.jpg

Way to go! :cool: I can't wait to see Ross' next week. He sent it out for powdercoat. What are you guys doing with yours?
I lost enough height in the rear that I'm considering slapping in the J's in the rear before Moab. And Ross and I still need to get offroad and test his Aussie.

Looks great Kevin...you are making me very envious!! When is his front bumper coming out???

Looks great Kevin...you are making me very envious!! When is his front bumper coming out???

Don't know, but will ask, I would be happy to "test build" one.

Way to go! :cool: I can't wait to see Ross' next week. He sent it out for powdercoat. What are you guys doing with yours?

At this late date they may go to Moab naked!:hillbilly:

those are sweet,
what would it take to get another club buy? 5 minimum? or more?

did you all pay a deposit, or full monty before they were shipped?

I don't recall an up front deposit. We paid when the units shipped and shared shipping.

those are sweet,
what would it take to get another club buy? 5 minimum? or more?

did you all pay a deposit, or full monty before they were shipped?

Contact Luke, we made a deal with him, don't know if it was a one time deal or if he is open to selling more kits?

Finished the welding on our bumpers Saturday. There still naked, may go to Moab that way.:eek: Rob's swing out went together well, looks good, but the single swing arm is long!:D

Finished the welding on our bumpers Saturday. There still naked, may go to Moab that way.:eek: Rob's swing out went together well, looks good, but the single swing arm is long!:D

:cheers:

Congratulations!!!!

All I need is for the lug nuts from Dan to arrive and I'll be cooking with gas!!!!!!

The powder coat looks good and the license plate light is all wired up and working.

I am three lug nuts away from having the tire out of the truck.

:bounce:

I am three lug nuts away from having the tire out of the truck.

:bounce:

Rob's also looking for lug nuts, we put his on with some from my mini.:hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom