4WD Lo Range Light DIY/Reverse 7 Pin Mod? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tyfj80

Current - 2000 LX470. Past - 1997 FJ80, 1977 FJ40
Threads
IMG_6783.jpeg

I recently installed an old Toyota inclinometer in my 2000 LX470 to fill the empty space below my single DIN head unit. I know our trucks don't have a light to indicate 4 Lo, but does anyone know of a 12v circuit that is energized when 4 Lo is selected? The inclinometer has a "4WD" light that I want to light up when I shift into 4 lo but I need 12v to do it. I already have the other side attached to the illumination circuit for my radio. Is there a spare pin somewhere that would have been used for a rear locker, or something related to the CDL switch I could use? Thoughts and suggestions would be welcomed.

1697467386048.png

Per p.176-177 of EWD, check the black wire with blue stripe that goes from Low Range switch to CDL relay.

Good deal. Looks like that wire leaves the switch in the tcase and terminates at the "transmission control relay". Check this post.

Good deal. Looks like that wire leaves the switch in the tcase and terminates at the "transmission control relay". Check this post.
Closing the loop on this, I found the black/blue wire where it went into the ECU. It's in the second harness from the bottom. It activates with 12V when shifted into low as you described. Now I have an indicator light when I'm in 4Lo. Unfortunately I can't post a vid here but it works perfectly. THanks for all of your help. One question, where can I buy a copy of the EWD for future reference?

IMG_6949.jpeg

You are welcome! Glad it worked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom