4PlusProducts Flip Kit lower bracket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

desmocruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
I removed my 4Plus flip kit to install longer lead spring pins (socket head bolts) to accommodate shims and want to confirm I am putting on the lower bracket in the correct orientation.

The slot is offset and I want to confirm the placement. Is the end of the slot nearest to the U bolt designed to be toward the front or rear?

Thanks!!!!

image.jpg

I looked at the pictures on their site and it looks like the bracket is symmetrical so there is no wrong orientation.

Yeah, that is what made me second guess. The website versions are centered and the slots on mine (relatively recently purchased) are offset.
IMG_9052.jpeg

I’ll go check mine John…

Not sure this helps… my kit was from 20yrs ago. Front appears symmetrical, rear seems a tad longer to the rear…

IMG_8300.jpeg

IMG_8303.jpeg

Maybe it’s for people who drill their spring perches to move the axle a bit. Then they would use the offset to line up properly. If you haven’t done that there’s no wrong way and the bolt will be somewhere near the center like yours is.
Thanks, I think you are correct.

Seems there was a design update to this offset slot design to accommodate other modifications that I haven’t done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom