40's Only 2021 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, my harness is out and the surgery has begun.... maybe I'll make a late run yet!

I've had some electrical gremlins lately as well. I'd really like to tear the whole harness out, do a complete rewire, add busses under the dash and under the hood, put in circuits for a future fuel injection system, and eliminate all of the chassis grounds.

Well, my harness is out and the surgery has begun.... maybe I'll make a late run yet!

I've had some electrical gremlins lately as well. I'd really like to tear the whole harness out, do a complete rewire, add busses under the dash and under the hood, put in circuits for a future fuel injection system, and eliminate all of the chassis grounds.
It would be a good time to do Magruder corridor soon!

When does it snow in over there? And what's the current fire situation?

Capture.PNG

Here's the part that concerns me. I don't see any closures on 12, but that's a big fire and fires do unexpected things. You pretty much have to go that way to get gas in Grangeville before entering the Magruder.

When does it snow in over there? And what's the current fire situation?
Fires are pretty much no concern currently, the Bitterroots got a significant amount of rain over the last couple of weeks.
Snow flies in September, probably nothing to worry about until October.

View attachment 2768898
Here's the part that concerns me. I don't see any closures on 12, but that's a big fire and fires do unexpected things. You pretty much have to go that way to get gas in Grangeville before entering the Magruder.
Heading in from Darby is the way I usually go back there, I’ve never been end to end across the corridor. I usually stop at the ranger station on the Selway and hang out, head back to the Bitterroot from there.
I’d love to drive it end to end, maybe even back the same way.

The way my earlier fire-canceled trip had it planned out was 3 days, each about 250 miles, starting and ending in Bozeman. That makes for long days in a 40. I'd want folks to have a good understanding of the distances/time before setting out.

Current inciweb report on the Granite Pass complex.

If anyone is actually serious about running the Magruder, (maybe in an '89 or older?) (maybe over the upcoming holiday weekend?) then we should start a new planning thread.

If anyone is actually serious about running the Magruder, (maybe in an '89 or older?) (maybe over the upcoming holiday weekend?) then we should start a new planning thread.
Even though I'm young the Magruder sounds horrible in a 40 🤣

I am up for another tobacco roots ride the weekend after labor day though

Heading in from Darby is the way I usually go back there, I’ve never been end to end across the corridor. I usually stop at the ranger station on the Selway and hang out, head back to the Bitterroot from there.
I’d love to drive it end to end, maybe even back the same way.

The drive from Missoula down to Lewiston, Idaho along the Clearwater river was one of the most scenic drives I have done in the whole of the USA. Not a bad route down, then drive over to ELK city... gas up and hit the Magruder. There an back would be cool if you hit some of the fire towers on the way in, and the others on the way out.

@JohnnyOshow22 I have to agree, I couldn't think of a worse vehicle to rattle along the longest and dustiest trail in America in. Give me a 100 with the windows up and the tunes cranking. But I'd be game to roll with some 40s... but mines still dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom