40 series general tech and classifieds (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ACC is a first rate shop. Anything you get done there will get done right. They are busy for a reason.

What kind of work are you looking to have done?

Anyone done any business with ACC garage in Atlanta? Called them today to talk about having some work done on my 40 that I’m too lazy to do but the gal who answered the phone wouldn’t even let me talk to a shop guy since I couldn’t bring it by for a $225/hr inspection. Didn’t get the best vibes so just wondering if I missed something with them.

They are slammed with work and that’s the way they kill off tire kickers and keep the assholes away.

ACC is a first rate shop. Anything you get done there will get done right. They are busy for a reason.

What kind of work are you looking to have done?

Pretty much just a drivetrain refresh. The 1f runs and has good compression but leaks from every seal. It has a Weber 32/36 on it and want to swap back to Aisin carb. I would like to swap in later model axles to get disc brakes and the fine spline shafts so I can re-gear possibly. Lastly I want power steering.

Pretty much just a drivetrain refresh. The 1f runs and has good compression but leaks from every seal. It has a Weber 32/36 on it and want to swap back to Aisin carb. I would like to swap in later model axles to get disc brakes and the fine spline shafts so I can re-gear possibly. Lastly I want power steering.

Cam has you covered. The weather is getting perfect for him.

As for regearing, the tires you have will give it the needed overdrive for the road.

If you want to use it more off road get and Orion Case

Start searching for a mini truck power steering box now.

Mini truck over FJ60 steering box? I had been looking at the IPOR power steering kit that uses the FJ60 box

They are both good. Does the IPOR kit come with pump and box?

Their website has it listed with an reman FJ60 gearbox and a pump

I just looked it up. It’s $2000 uninstalled. That’s about 2x what my friend just paid for a kit from 49 Tire via Valley hybrids

Take it to Chris at 49 tire and be done! Honesty and know their sheet!!
Only one I'd go to!

@FJ60Cam can you make afi work on a F engine? I already have a dui distributor on it.

One of my friends just put one on his F. Worked great for him. The DUI would have to be replaces with a EFI style one.

And yes, Cam is the EFI whisperer.

Reactions: JTU

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom