40 series general tech and classifieds (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Such pictures; much information!

Throw some full hydro on there and rock out. I don't know about that AX15 though

Does sound cheap, but with a welded rear and a spool up front, I guess you'd only be able to 'wheel in a straight line? :)
Not a issue David- I run welded in both axles of my buggy and not issue.
With full hydro turning is easy.

I just figured, whether you were actually able to physically turn the wheels or not, it's still gonna want to go straight. I can turn my locked 80, but IT still wants to go straight when it's locked.

I'm not arguing. Y'all have done it enough that I know you're right. It just seems like a permanently locked steering axle would be a PITA in anything other than a straight line crawl.

In need a door hinge from a 40 for my soft top door. For some reason one of them was scavanged at one time.

20161225_172815.jpg

Can the glass be installed in an early 40 series door without pulling the door apart?

I broke my glass today adding weatherstrip the hard way since I'm not sure I can get these doors apart.

IMG_2036.JPG

Got a question...have had zero luck with this on two previous attempts.

I have a leak between the transfer case and speedo housing.

I have gotten a new speedo housing that's machined out and double oil sealed.

But I can't make this connection seal up. Get a drip from the seam.

Both surfaces are clean and smooth. Paper gasket only has leaked both previous times I've tried it.

RTV red gasket maker in addition to the paper seal maybe?? I have two paper seals...use them both??

Really don't want to do this again.

IMG_9594.JPG
IMG_9595.JPG
IMG_9596.JPG

Got a question...have had zero luck with this on two previous attempts.

I have a leak between the transfer case and speedo housing.

I have gotten a new speedo housing that's machined out and double oil sealed.

But I can't make this connection seal up. Get a drip from the seam.

Both surfaces are clean and smooth. Paper gasket only has leaked both previous times I've tried it.

RTV red gasket maker in addition to the paper seal maybe?? I have two paper seals...use them both??

Really don't want to do this again.

View attachment 1414541 View attachment 1414542 View attachment 1414543
Place RTV on both sides of paper gasket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom