40 series general tech and classifieds (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, from the looks of it, it is a stock 74 Cruiser. If that is the case, normal market would say is it a 8-10 thousand dollar truck. The current 40 market is hot though and I think the asking price is pretty close to market

Yeah. Im gonna hold fast to the goal which is some sort of expo rig to get me out west. 40's look so cool tho!

How do I get me a LHD 70?

Tom Watson had/has a very nice LHD 70 for sale in Dallas. Posted in the LSLC and 70 Series classifieds. Top dollar, of course.

The 200 maybe?

Thats the plan. Deciding on tires now then awning and RR. I am not sure i will be able to raise rear door with the alu-cab shadow awning. I am afraid the dust spoiler will raise to high and to close to the support that makes the 270deg turn.

You can get higher profile roof rack feet from FrontRunner, then mount the awning as high as possible, I bet it will fit.

I'm ready for tires on the 200 too...it's time. Soon as the new black wheels are ready she's getting some 275/70/18 BFGs.

Tom Watson had/has a very nice LHD 70 for sale in Dallas. Posted in the LSLC and 70 Series classifieds. Top dollar, of course.

Is that the $18k one? I have been tempted myself on that one. Yes, a little high but all the right stuff and already sorted out. I don't see that as one I would regret paying a little more for.

Edit- I'm wrong. The one I am thinking about is RHD

Last edited:
1987 FJ73 LHD

Original post guestimates mid 20s...not sure what the classified post asks for, though.

Mardis how much for the Runner? I've got a guy looking for one.

70= Best value 40 on the market.

IMG_1761.JPG

I'll take one of each! But if I had to choose the 40 is the all time winner.
Stumbled on to this neat story today...

Yeah, when I bought the 79 basketcase I ended up selling to Todd, that is what I wanted, a trashed bodied runner to cat around with. No body resto. Just a rustbucket with a humming drivetrain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom