40 Crank Handle Dimensions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

X3, I could do this easily with my last 2F. Now I have a much tighter 2F and tried to do this last night to no avail--even with the plugs out.

Gusb, This is a great idea. I'm making one, too. :cheers:

Over the weekend I also tried to turn the engine using the alternator pulley nut, with no luck.

I ended up removing the fan and shroud, which allowed me to us the 46 mm socket and an extension bar, which worked well. But the tool would be even easier.

It might not work for your installation, but I was able to cut away a bit of metal from the bottom of my shroud so I could get the socket in there with everything together.

.......Put the transmission in gear, release the parking brake, and bump (push/pull) the truck by hand to get the flywheel where you want it. It's that easy.

Agreed on this, it's the easiest IMHO with 4th gear being best for me. I tried the crank method first, it's a PITA because of the engine compression which results in you overshooting the mark and then having to do a full rotation etc etc because you cannot reverse the direction with the crank handle. Bump the vehicle by grabbing the front wheel while checking the window to see the marker, muuuuch quicker :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom