4 Gallons came out, Only 3 Gallons went in (Coolant) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.rare-pops.com
Hello Everyone,

I drained the block and radiator on my FZJ80 and had a total of 4 gallons of used coolant.

Replaced the thermostat/gasket, and all 3 rad hoses.

I used 2 gallons of Toyota Red and 2 gallons of Distilled Water for a total of 4 gallons.
I filled the upper radiator hose first then the radiator, started the vehicle and kept filling the radiator (bubbles I tell you).

The vehicle was in a slope, got to the operating temp but how come my radiator is filled to the very top and I'm left with about 1 gallon of red left?
If 4 gallons were drained, shouldn't the system have room for 4 gallons? SMH

*Heater was on full blast for about 10 mms while the engine ran.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I'd highly recommend using this tool (or one like it) to anyone servicing the cooling system on any vehicle. It takes the guess work out of bleeding.

If your heaters are both blowing HOT, and the engine is not overheating, it should be GTG.

Fill the coolant resivoir (expansion tank) and monitor the level.

Amazon product ASIN B01I40ZQWE

I'd highly recommend using this tool (or one like it) to anyone servicing the cooling system on any vehicle. It takes the guess work out of bleeding.

If your heaters are both blowing HOT, and the engine is not overheating, it should be GTG.

Fill the coolant resivoir (expansion tank) and monitor the level.

Amazon product ASIN B01I40ZQWE

Thank you, will purchase that, seen videos and I like how there is no spills. Since my heater was on for 10 mns and temperature was ideal on the gauge, do you know how come I can't pour 1 more gallon of red coolant?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom