4 door Fj45 on 80 series chassis (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

More fabricating took place today . As we made the template, we realize that the back window frame had been damaged . I'm happy that we realized it while making the template . Would have been bad if we'd cut the piece in metal

20230517_120751.jpg

20230517_120803.jpg

20230517_134752.jpg

20230517_135011.jpg

Tomorrow, we'll build the inner part of the rear window panel and the cab's rear support and reinforcement brackets. Truck is looking good .
Tires are ordered. Kanati Trail Hogs 37x13 r 18.
I still need to decide what suspension to get. Debating between :
Old Man Emu
Icon
King Shocks
If anyone can think of something better performance wise and also a better value , please chime in.
As soon as the truck's 4 doors open and close properly, we'll build a 6 point roll cage and we'll get back to the mechanical part of the project. Get this thing started and running, install the fuel tanks. Bend some stainless lines for brake and fuel. Find the right size radiator since the one i got was used in my Fj 40 project.
We'll then take the whole thing apart, paint the frame, spray it inside and under with LineX for rust prevention and then paint it.
As i'm writing this , i just realized how much work i have left ahead of me 😟 . I guess another year or so and this money pit should see the street and the trails..... meanwhile, we'll keep going ☺️👍

Tomorrow, we'll build the inner part of the rear window panel and the cab's rear support and reinforcement brackets. Truck is looking good .
Tires are ordered. Kanati Trail Hogs 37x13 r 18.
I still need to decide what suspension to get. Debating between :
Old Man Emu
Icon
King Shocks
If anyone can think of something better performance wise and also a better value , please chime in.
As soon as the truck's 4 doors open and close properly, we'll build a 6 point roll cage and we'll get back to the mechanical part of the project. Get this thing started and running, install the fuel tanks. Bend some stainless lines for brake and fuel. Find the right size radiator since the one i got was used in my Fj 40 project.
We'll then take the whole thing apart, paint the frame, spray it inside and under with LineX for rust prevention and then paint it.
As i'm writing this , i just realized how much work i have left ahead of me 😟 . I guess another year or so and this money pit should see the street and the trails..... meanwhile, we'll keep going ☺️

20230520_115738.jpg

I was happy to finally see a part of this truck that was not totally rotted. Look how clean that door post is on the inside (#210). Come to think about it, this thing is made of parts of 5 different FJ40' s and one fj45.
While the guys finish off that rear section today, i'll start planning and designing the steps/rock sliders and the roof rack.
I still have to cut those 4" out of that door i finally found. The rear passenger door kept me awake many nights , thinking about how i'd fix that one.
Needless to tell you that you can't find 40 series trucks around here anymore at least not running ones. The rare ones that you might stumble upon rusting away in some alley or back yard are all in much worse shape than mine and belong to men well into their 80's who refuse to sell and swear up and down that "one day, i'm gonna restore it !!!!!"..... ok, whatever.🤣🤣🤣🤣

Today we worked on the rear glass panel installation. First, braced the top at the proper height. We then removed the complete unit and tried on the new home made unit. Here are some pictures of how we got this done

20230523_135117.jpg

20230523_135125.jpg

20230523_140105.jpg

20230523_140112.jpg

Yesterday we started making the interior part of that rear window frame. As with everything else with this truck, rust was everywhere and it had been in some sort of major accident . Looks like the repairs were done byi Mickey Mouse... thing was bent and i can't help but wonder how the corner glass managed to stay in place.

20230524_111414.jpg

20230524_111429.jpg

20230524_111457.jpg

20230524_111507.jpg

20230524_111517.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom