3rd row seating fj60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So are the only 3rd row seats from 4runners?

Don't understand your question. Neither 4Runner or 80 series will bolt in. Non-US 61/62s I believe offered 3rd row but even if you bought them, you would need to fashion up the mounts in the floor/wheel arch of your US 60/62.

Summation: Nothing will bolt into your truck for 3rd row. It will require fabrication to set it up.

I was thinking there was a 3rd row option overseas, maybe they were jump seats for a 60 series.

there's a pic in this thread:
Side facing rear (3rd row) seats

says they were available in the high roof version and maybe ambulance doors.

then this link had Aus seats:
3rd-row seats for the 60/62

Last edited:
My dad installed this aftermarket seat when I was too young to remember, but iirc it required little to no fabrication. I'm pretty sure the carpets never been lifted. 3 belts, believe it or not...and boy was it a bouncy ride in moab
20150430_115522.jpg

Little Passenger seats made them. I'm not sure if they are still around but they were pretty simple to install, strong brackets mounted through to frame.

i’m toying with putting L track down and mounting a small bench that way. its what airlines use i believe so pretty strong but also removable and the track could be used for tie downs. i think id have to drop my tank to do it though so i could get a good size washer on the body underside to add strength to attachment points. don’t think i want to tie into the frame through the body. i think that would cause troubles as there should be some movement between body and frame

I saw a picture of a 60 with a fabricated 3rd row from a 2013 4runner. Thought that would be cool, but would like more pics on how he did it

I know in the Jeep world the JK (4 door) guys use the older TJ back seat as the 3rd row for their JKs. It's much more narrow and fits between the wheel wells. There was a company that made a bracket mount for the TJ rear bench to bolt into the JK rear storage area. It just sat down on the flat floor. This might work on a 60. I will call my neighbor and see where he got it and the price. You had to cut holes in the floor then bolt it to the frame. I helped my neighbor do this mod about 8 years ago. It was super stout and the bracket allowed the 3rd row to fold down and also just unclip and be easily removed. He kept it out most of the time but when he went wheelin with the entire family he put it back in.

Just spoke with the neighbor. He told me he did not use a TJ seat. That was one option but not the route he went. My memory was a bit foggy. way. He used a 2 door JK back seat (with matching upholstery for the 3rd row of the 4door JK. He used the teraflex kit. Here is the link. The same rear JK 2 door rear bench would probably fit really well in the 60. You just need to source the rear bench at a local pick n pull or on a JK forum. You need the seatbelts and hardware with it. His only has lapbelts and not the shoulder strap part. I'm guessing after 8 years there is probably some kit to use the factory shoulder straps as well.
https://www.4wd.com/p/teraflex-thir...zjDQD_lpq3i9tlRgK2jGHMeDz2GpaWmRoCV-gQAvD_BwE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom