3FE Thermostat Housing Sensor Threads (1 Viewer)

I'm in the process of reassembly of my rebuilt 3FE and noticed the threads on the thermostat housing for most of the sensors need to be cleaned up. I can't figure out what size the threads are for each of the sensor ports.

Does anyone know what size taps I should use to clean these up?

Thanks

housing 01.jpg

housing 02.jpg

OSS

Even if you had the correct metric tapered taps, chasing them into each hole of that non replaceable, fragile aluminum housing would not be something I'd ever attempt.
Just use a small pipe brush.
The threaded holes are tapered and so would be the tap. That doesn't bode well for careful cleaning

Unfortunately the BSVS won't thread in at all and the water temp sensor is rough at best. If I can't clean these up I'll have to find a new one. I'd like to try to salvage what I have if possible.

88red

SILVER Star
There are minor differences on the thermostat housing over the life of the of the 3F 88-92. The vsv’s are part of this change I have seen differences changes in 90 not necessarily in the 60 to 80 series change. dont just chase out the thread

I ended up getting a tapered BSPT tap and chased the threads. It was the only way the BSVS was going in. Hopefully it doesn't leak, but if it does I'll trash the top piece and start over. Thanks for the info.

ToyotaMatt

Factory Focus-Point Mind-Set Approach
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
3FE Thermostat Housing HOSPITAL is here ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom