3FE Owners Check-In (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

reminds me of doing the Rodney flush. It was cool to see it just sucking new fluid in and pumping old gross stuff out. I don’t even think I had to adjust the atf level afterwards.

I would’ve never guessed that. Appreciate it, man.

check your fluid level per. the FSM and owners manual TECH. and instructions prior to draining it out via the 14mm HEX service plug on bottom of the ATF pan .....

- drain it ALL into a NEW 2.5 gallon heavy duty painters pail bucket , that you also have purchased a matching lid for too , DON'T forget the LID !

- there white or translucent whit'ish in color enough to see the fluid line clearly resting flat and level on your work bench ...

- put 3 hatch marks using a black sharpie around the outside of the bucket , then pour it all out into another exact same bucket you have also purchased ...

- presto ! as long as the
ATF level on the dip stick was correct when you inspected it at warm operating temp. earlier , you now know exactly how much new Fully Synthetic ATF to re-install VIA the dip stick tube mentioned above .

- without having to guess at the latter part of filling 25+ times by pulling the dip stick and waiting for the engine to warm up and burning your hands etc ...

- i only ever check the dipstick twice , the 2nd time is just to double check the first time ...:D

- NOT making a mess here ATF everywhere is also a result of this approach ...

- it works like a charm , never any after thought or guess work ever again.,....

- THIS IS THE WAY ...

good evening fellow 3FE owner operators .. :)
i have concluded that this thread , the special place it indeed is i have observed , is the perfect little corner of mud to both spark a new 3FE anything and everything idea i have had on my self prescribed ART Theropy time schedule for some time now ...
i know sorta , that TOYOTA dropped the ball and or the pro-date range of the 3FE some how missed that band wagon when it comes to the ENGINE bays of both a FJ62 and a FJ80 , on the topic of general information via , Labels , Plates , and such ....

in other words i feel my 3FE was left out in the COLD , but after some digging into this matter , it seams we all were ?

what i speak of is this

- NO air box maintenance and service decals ?

- no notable washer fluid decals on the windshield or the head lamps bottles ?

- the vacuum routing diagram white one , is well need a telescope small ! 🤣

- now what simply makes me sad , is there is no notable fancy 3FE badge or logo emblem to denote just that ....

- only the nice , however plain jane generic EFI badge PLATE on the intake top .....

- ok ? almost all Toyotas of that era had same in kind that topic too .....

- i guess now is a good time to mention , i have 100% period correct reproduced both the main stay 3F carb non usa engine badge , that also has all the tune up specs on it , and the HYBRYD 3FE TOYOTA Fire brigade rare as rare bird , directly from the one sitting nicely in the HERITAGE Muesum right now ...

- so , i have decided to not only EDIT them , but to modernize them in a 100% OEM factory focus points mind set approach philosophy ...

- and i both need and am asking for help to do just that ......:)

- below i am going to post 2 stand alone images of a starting point , base line i would absolutely like to have all of you here i 3FE check in , please check out , and then we start a very much group effort to discuss this topic .....

- the first image is how far i have gotten on the 3FE fire brigade variant ....however it is in NO WAY complete ...
fyi

then below that the main 3F carb smaller one ...

thanks

matt

1681174034148.jpeg

Last edited:
lastly ,

i like surprises alot , so here is one ,,,,:princess:

feast your eyes on this ...:cool:

this is also part , in part only of my path of suggestion i lay down here to grown roots and multiply !

then report back your thoughts please ...

thanks
matt

DSCN0135 - Copy.png

DSCN9777 - Copy.png

@ToyotaMatt Are those data plates on your site? Can't find it. Definitely want it! Another idea is maybe a period correct (looks only as it doesn't exist to my knowledge) exterior 3fe badge.

@ToyotaMatt Are those data plates on your site? Can't find it. Definitely want it! Another idea is maybe a period correct (looks only as it doesn't exist to my knowledge) exterior 3fe badge.

that 3FE data ID plate is only a PROTO-TYPE as of right now , like i stress and mention , i really think and would like the input of ALL 3FE owner operators both 62 and 80 ,

i chose to explore all the related topics here in 3FE check - thread , and NOT in 60 series TECH for a few key reasons , the main one to me both personally and professionally as a Mechanical Artist is i am now surrounded by ONLY 3FE , and no other land cruiser engine family's , this correlates into the best possible end product of all topis above in every way .....

- case and point , your suggestions of a or them :
3FE exterior Badging ....

- i had not thought of that in this respect ?

- however , i have explored these to 100% OEM NON-USA far-away concwepts , and have applied them in the way you see below , it's a fresh preceptive to a period correct idea , using modern age materials with a purist based mind-set approach ....

- your thoughts please after you review the below tech.

thanks
matt

this is a 100 series , but you get the general idea if you look closely at the LH lower corner area ...

20773E25-7024-4828-B437-BCB8B8438F49.jpeg

Last edited:
So question to the group, HOW SREWED AM I, my wife wanted to drive the cruiser, and I have shown her how to check the oil, she thought it was LOW and added about ..... 1 1/2 quarts? I'm due for an oil change in 2 weeks with a local shop I like to use.

SO HELP.....? :bang::bang::bang:

So question to the group, HOW SREWED AM I, my wife wanted to drive the cruiser, and I have shown her how to check the oil, she thought it was LOW and added about ..... 1 1/2 quarts? I'm due for an oil change in 2 weeks with a local shop I like to use.

Have you checked it now to see where it is on the stick?

flashing-oil-pressure-light.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom