3FE flywheel bolts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am working on doing a 3FE swap into my 62 and I was about to install the flywheel when I noticed that the bolts I had from the 2F were not the right size for the ones in the 3FE. I have read multiple forums about how they are a size 11 but I cannot find anywhere that carries them in that size or lengh that doesn't want an arm and both my legs for it. The closest I have found is a set of ARP that belong to the 22RE motor and they are 1.04 long and I believe I need them to be 1.2 long. basically 2 threads shorter. I would assume that those threads are important since it is under so much stress. Can anyone help me out with this?

Not sure I follow ... but if you're after the bolts that fasten the Flex Plate to the Torque converter

90119-08523 like a dollar each from Toyota.

But please verify that part as I don't have a 3FE.

What year is the 3FE? IIRC if the 3FE is an '88 the 2F flywheel bolts up to the crank without issue. If post '88 the 3FE flywheel bolts are larger in diameter and the 2F flywheel needs to have the holes enlarged. Are the 3FE flexplate bolts too short?

What year is the 3FE? IIRC if the 3FE is an '88 the 2F flywheel bolts up to the crank without issue. If post '88 the 3FE flywheel bolts are larger in diameter and the 2F flywheel needs to have the holes enlarged. Are the 3FE flexplate bolts too short?

I don't have any of the bolts for the 3FE flexplate and the 2F bolts are just barely too small. I sadly don't know what year the motor is as the numbers are rusted off but I assume it is an 89 from what you have stated. I have done a lot of searching and have come to the conclusion that the bolt is an 11MM but no where that I have found except for SOR and they are charging 11 dollars a bolt and that seems outrageous to me. So I am trying to find somewhere else that might have this bolt.

@garrett goodwin I’m afraid I’m about to run into this same problem when I tear down my 62 for the swap (I have a pallet loaded with a 5 speed and split case from Georg ready to go).

Apparently this is an issue with the late 62 3FE’s. What is the build date of your truck?

Here’s a question, the early fj80’s had 3FEs which would be later 3FEs.
Was the fj80 spec’d for a manual trans option? (obviously not in the US).

Do the 80 guys do h55f swaps? If so, how do they work around this? @Godwin do you know?

Do a search I have posted up the part number you need a few times. Its the correct Toyota part # for a manual flywheel behind a late 3FE (3F/E FJ80 with H151 was a factory setup).
It’s in my build thread I believe.
They weren’t super expensive but I think I had to get them from Japan. It’s been a few years though and the memory is foggy.

Here’s a question, the early fj80’s had 3FEs which would be later 3FEs.
Was the fj80 spec’d for a manual trans option? (obviously not in the US).

Do the 80 guys do h55f swaps? If so, how do they work around this? @Godwin do you know?

I only know of one FJ80 with a manual swap (H42 but would be same as H55F) and I don't know how the flywheel bolt issue was addressed.

9091301021 flywheel bolt part number for FZJ80 with manual transmission. I don't know if this the bolt needed for later 3FEs but at $2 plus change on PartSouq might be worth purchasing to check.
I ordered these so will keep every updated as to if they work or not. They had 37 at the time of this order.

Out of Production.

Or you could have just looked in my build thread like I recommended and found the information you actually needed

These are the proper flywheel bolts you need if you are doing a manualtransmission conversion on a post 10/89 FJ62. Before I just reused the flexplate bolts, these have an extra 5mm of length to them for the warm-and-fuzzies.

View attachment 1280702 View attachment 1280703 View attachment 1280704

D088BB9D-44A4-446B-94E3-04C4800DA0E7.png
D088BB9D-44A4-446B-94E3-04C4800DA0E7.png

Last edited:
Or you could have just looked in my build thread like I recommend and found the information you actually needed

View attachment 2164579
I searched by flywheel and didnt see them. I looked through the first few pages and didnt see these. Dont need to sound like an a****** just to prove that you were right. some people don't use the site enough to be able to search quickly.

Good info Matt, thanks for sharing. Did you have to machine the flywheel bolt holes to fit these?....or is there a more correct flywheel to use?

I drilled my regular 81-87 2F flywheel holes with a 7/16” drill bit IIRC. It has been about five years though. I do remember for certain that I did it with a regular cordless drill.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom