3FE engine removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can the motor be removed without taking out the transmission?

Yes but it isn't that hard to remove it all in one piece. Also easier to put it back together while out of the truck. Toyota made the upper radiator support removable for this reason.

I like pulling them separately, easier to do the converter bolts without everything trying to move around, plus the engine only needs to come forwards a few inches to clear the flexplate then it can come straight up (hood should be removed)

I pulled it separately.

The A440F is a HEAVY mother.

I would probably recommend it that way. It’s not hard.

Any recommendations for removing the top few bolts from the bell housing? The two at the top and the one on the upper left side directly behind the intake manifold?

Any recommendations for removing the top few bolts from the bell housing? The two at the top and the one on the upper left side directly behind the intake manifold?
Is it an access problem? in the past I've dropped the transmission crossmember and lowered the trans a few inches on a jack to get better access to bell housing bolts.

it looks like that's going to be the solution, don't want to damage the heat shields or anything else in this process.

If you remove the carpet, (not hard) you can remove the transmission hump.

Accessing the top bolts become a breeze.

I HIGHLY recommend doing it this way.

123A5BF8-5233-459B-B80E-EE1B4489BEE8.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom