3D printed tailgate lever replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My tailgate lever had a fatigue crack growing for a long time around the spline shaft, finally went when a tech yanked on it at Discount Tire.

I know the Toyota part is around 8 bucks, but it's just plastic and I had a 3D printer and some spare ABS filament on hand. Spent about 30 minutes modeling up a replacement and an hour or so printing off the part. Fit perfectly and has been working fine after about 4 months of daily use so far.

compilation.jpg

I've uploaded it to Thingiverse in case anyone else here has the means and is so inclined in the future:
Toyota 80-series Land Cruiser lower tailgate release lever by AndrewT111

Very nice!

Years back someone was making a billet replacement that had notches for your fingers. Totaly unnecessary, but looks pretty rad.

My tailgate lever had a fatigue crack growing for a long time around the spline shaft, finally went when a tech yanked on it at Discount Tire.

I know the Toyota part is around 8 bucks, but it's just plastic and I had a 3D printer and some spare ABS filament on hand. Spent about 30 minutes modeling up a replacement and an hour or so printing off the part. Fit perfectly and has been working fine after about 4 months of daily use so far.

View attachment 1553658

I've uploaded it to Thingiverse in case anyone else here has the means and is so inclined in the future:
Toyota 80-series Land Cruiser lower tailgate release lever by AndrewT111
OH awesome thx!!!!!

The aluminum one that @thatcabledude posted isn't on thingaverse, but you can find it here:

More expensive than a printed part, but I believe they are currently available.

The aluminum one that @thatcabledude posted isn't on thingaverse, but you can find it here:

I'll be 3d printing mine

Thank you! Yes, I just contacted Ryan, confirmed & placed an order. I'm glad I saw this thread. I overlooked that the lever is plastic, how easy it would be to break and how much of a PITA it would be if it did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom