3D Printed Key Fob - Bye Bye Cracked OEM Shells (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ORDERED A PURPLE ONE.

I just saw that, awesome! I will get one on order right away. I'm excited to see that one as I haven't ordered one yet. It should look great!
I thought it would be cool, and sort of match the color of the truck.
Took me two days to pull the trigger on the purple instead of just black.
Do you need to know which key shaft it is?

I thought it would be cool, and sort of match the color of the truck.
Took me two days to pull the trigger on the purple instead of just black.
Do you need to know which key shaft it is?

I think the purple will be really cool looking with the clear coat I started doing right before I launched these Titanium shells. I haven't clear coated any purple yet so I'm anxious to see how it looks. The clear deepens and enriches the colors really well.

No need to ID your key type. It'll ship with everything you need either way. :)

Any news on the purple one.
Very curious to see it.

Any news on the purple one.
Very curious to see it.
I just got tracking info on the purple parts and expect them mid next week! It'll take me a day or two to get them coated, photographed and shipped out. I'm anxious too. They should look quite nice.

Just ordered a black one. Finally a solid solution to all my key woes. Thanks!

Got the full key upgrade shell in the mail, hands down best upgrade for the crap Toy/Lex fobs!

On a note, this has worked the best for my LX470.

I had to get a new blade cut, so I was using this as a fob with a non-transponder key for a few days. What I found was the truck occasionally wouldn’t fire up on the start sequence as if he truck was not reading the transponder fully. It would crank, but not light off.

Never have had that problem before, and since the key has been fully assembled, it hasn’t happened since.

Mine is an ‘04, maybe some tricks are finnicky when it comes to transponder placement.

D93D14F6-8EF6-41FE-85B2-A02AC8CA8C6D.jpeg

Last edited:
Got the full key upgrade shell in the mail, hands down best upgrade for the crap Toy/Lex fobs!

On a note, this has worked the best for my LX470.

I had to get a new blade cut, so I was using this as a fob with a non-transponder let for a few days. What I found was the truck occasionally wouldn’t fire up on the start sequence as if he truck was not reading the transponder fully. It would crank, but not light off.

Never have had that problem before, and since the key has been fully assembled, it hasn’t happened since.

Mine is an ‘04, maybe some tricks are finnicky when it comes to transponder placement.

View attachment 1566880

Yeah, the transponder needs to be pretty close to the ignition so if the remote is dangling on a keychain it can be right on the edge of too far away. Once it's integrated into the key as in your pic, though, it should be good to go!

Yeah, the transponder needs to be pretty close to the ignition so if the remote is dangling on a keychain it can be right on the edge of too far away. Once it's integrated into the key as in your pic, though, it should be good to go!

Thanks for putting together a great product, definitely the best out there. I will be ordering probably one more for the backup key;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom