3B Oil Pressure??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Greg_B said:
I had a local shop source the adapter from the block BSP to the AXT oil line fittings. I simply went in with a plug from the oil gallery and the oil supply line. Any HD diesel shop or hydrolic shop should be able to source what you need bb.

gb

ok , but what do you use for a tee for the oil px sender? Do they make a tee with the bsp male and two female bsp inlets. that way you can put in the adapter you have pictured.

Pictures are worth a thousands words but a thousand times the memory.

Don't use the same hole as the stock oil pressure sender. There are couple of other spots on that oil gallery (follow a horizontal line with the stock sender) you can tap oil from. I think it's a 10mm plug.

Feed your turbo from the most front one.

gb

i used the rear most plug for the mech oil sender unit on Michaels truck... but it can be quite a pain to find for a first timer... for the "T" setup the front normal oil sender unit works fine...

crushers said:
i used the rear most plug for the mech oil sender unit on Michaels truck... but it can be quite a pain to find for a first timer... for the "T" setup the front normal oil sender unit works fine...

Yup, good choice Wayne. The rearward is the one to use for the oil sender, and the most forward for the turbo...

gb

thanks I will look . I have not spent a whole lot of time looking at that area. I will have to call the local hyd shop and see if their catalogue has a -4 to 1/8 BSP fitting. Thx

Greg_B said:
Yup, good choice Wayne. The rearward is the one to use for the oil sender, and the most forward for the turbo...

gb
interesting side note, a safari turbo kit i installed a few years back directed the turbo oil line to that rear most port.
the one thing i do not like about the oil line to the rear port is the proximity to the exhaust heat which can harden the oil sender line and make it prone to cracking. that is one reason i "wrap" it with a rubber insulator line...
cheers

ya I definitaly think that is a good idea, I will do the same to mine,

I was wondering what the gauge should read approximentaly on a cold start at idle? Mine reads 60psi is that normal?

what should it read when it's hot? I just put the gauge right into the block to see what the pressure was because I don't have quite enough line to route it into the cab, I am assuming it will go down when it is cold won't it?

That is what I have always been told, so my gauge reads up to 180PSI kinda hard to see the bottom end of the scale.

Looking like 7 ot 8 hot idle.

Rob

I am assuming it will go down when it is cold won't it?[/QUOTE said:
I don't understand this question. Do you mean the reading will be lower when it is cold? Is so, the answer is no. The reading will be higher with cold oil. Good for you to get the gauge hooked up!

What are your hot idle and hot high rpm numbers?

gb

I ment to write hot, sorry just didn't type what I was thinking, I havin't had a chance to read it yet, I will post it tommrow when I get some longer hose.

I just wanted to make sure the old girl actually had oil pressure, as my electronic toyota gauge was really bothering me

thanks a bunch guys, this fourm is such a good resource

cheers

just went out for a long cruise and I never saw under 20lbs even at hot idle it was 25 and up, she must have some life left in her, funny thing is even with the electrnic gauge not even attached it does the same thing it used to, starts at half and goes down. lol

Greg_B said:
I had a local shop source the adapter from the block BSP to the AXT oil line fittings. I simply went in with a plug from the oil gallery and the oil supply line. Any HD diesel shop or hydrolic shop should be able to source what you need bb.

gb

Do you happen to know the make of that one? It's 1/8 bsp to -4? :confused:

thanks

it isn;t that hard to get a normal 1/8 NPT most tap and die sets have it, just take oyur time and it will thread right it.

Do the electronic gauges ever move depending on the RPM you are at?

wesintl said:
Do you happen to know the make of that one? It's 1/8 bsp to -4? :confused:

thanks

Nope. I kept the piece of paper, then it got buried. Give me some time to take one to the shop where I ordered them, and see if they can back check...

gb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom