305/65/18 KO2 bust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This tire size will not fit, even with my 20mm offset wheels and lift. Yes, I could do some minor trimming and add a bullbar but it's hitting the lower control arm when turning the wheel. The SPC UCA is 1/2" from touching with tires pointed straight. I will post a picture when it has all 4 wheels on with the 275/70/18 KO2's on in a few minutes.

image.jpeg

Here she is with 275/70/18 and I'm very happy with how it turned out

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

275 70 18 same tire I am running w/o spacers and no issues or trimming required with a OME lift. I do have Tundra Rims. The 305 is over an inch wider and half inch taller, Surprised that caused an issue, but it is all about tolerances

Looks nice!!!

275 70 18 same tire I am running w/o spacers and no issues or trimming required with a OME lift. I do have Tundra Rims. The 305 is over an inch wider and half inch taller, Surprised that caused an issue, but it is all about tolerances

Looks nice!!!

Thanks. Yeah, I was a little disappointed. I wish they made a 285/70 KO2. The tires feel great and are very quiet and smooth on the road.

Thanks. Yeah, I was a little disappointed. I wish they made a 285/70 KO2. The tires feel great and are very quiet and smooth on the road.

Those are the wheels I'd get if I ever go to 18. I'm using spacers on my RW basically because I love the stance of +20 offset. Spacers get me close to that. Also, I think you end up with slightly larger diameter than mine at 285/70/17. I think mine are slightly "shorter" than your 275/7018's. I think your tires look very balanced to the vehicle at that size and offset. Very nice.

Those are the wheels I'd get if I ever go to 18. I'm using spacers on my RW basically because I love the stance of +20 offset. Spacers get me close to that. Also, I think you end up with slightly larger diameter than mine at 285/70/17. I think mine are slightly "shorter" than your 275/7018's. I think your tires look very balanced to the vehicle at that size and offset. Very nice.

Thanks. The funny thing is, the two tire guys at the shop convinced against going with RW as they have them on their Tundra and 4Runner and were going to eventually switch them out. They complained about the ring or something. Can't really remember but it wasn't an issue since I already had my heart set on the Fuel wheels.

I walked back into the garage and thought the same thing about the 275/70. They don't look overstuffed in the wheel wells. Don't get me wrong, a little wider would look a bit cooler but I'm already close enough to the outside fender well, anything bigger might become a problem if I get extreme articulation. Granted I don't wheel hardcore stuff but better to be safe than sorry. I already love this setup and can't wait to have Slee add the front spacers to level my truck out, plus install the diff drop. The front end literally sits 1" lower. Not sure how important it is to level it but when I add a Winch and bumper it won't look so low in front compared to back I suppose.

Thanks. The funny thing is, the two tire guys at the shop convinced against going with RW as they have them on their Tundra and 4Runner and were going to eventually switch them out. They complained about the ring or something. Can't really remember but it wasn't an issue since I already had my heart set on the Fuel wheels.

I walked back into the garage and thought the same thing about the 275/70. They don't look overstuffed in the wheel wells. Don't get me wrong, a little wider would look a bit cooler but I'm already close enough to the outside fender well, anything bigger might become a problem if I get extreme articulation. Granted I don't wheel hardcore stuff but better to be safe than sorry. I already love this setup and can't wait to have Slee add the front spacers to level my truck out, plus install the diff drop. The front end literally sits 1" lower. Not sure how important it is to level it but when I add a Winch and bumper it won't look so low in front compared to back I suppose.

Ya, Rock Warriors are great wheels. Super strong but not very heavy. I think sometimes full-size truck buyers often like to get monster wheels, and for those guys, the rings make the wheel look smaller than it is, and 17 may already seem small to them. My only wish for the Rock Warrior is the a +20 offset. Other than that, I would love to stay at 17. More rubber and less wheel is better for off-road...but it seems a lot a great wheels offered are 18.

About your result... I really think you're smart to keep them where they are and avoid throwing gravel at people behind you. My RWs and spacers bring the sidewall slightly out of the well, but keeps my threads within it, so the rock throwing thing is controlled still.

Anyway... I think your truck looks great.

Yeah, that looks awesome! I love those wheels. If I were not so cheap, I probably would have gone with something like that. Love the look!

Yeah, that looks awesome! I love those wheels. If I were not so cheap, I probably would have gone with something like that. Love the look!
You own a beautiful LX which happens to be my favorite model year of the LX line, you're not that cheap ;)

@Angelo1 - Thank you for the compliment. In all honesty, I wanted a 2013 LC when we purchased the LX, but the available LCs were going for about $20K more than what I paid for the LX. I just could not justify the cost difference.

Similarly, when I started looking for 18" rims to replace my 20s, I looked at the cost of the Fuels and since I was able to purchase my used rims, have them fully resurfaced and coated for less than 1/3 of the brand new Fuels, I went that route. Yeah, I'm cheap.

Now back to the topic of thread.... Awesome looking LC!

@Angelo1 - Thank you for the compliment. In all honesty, I wanted a 2013 LC when we purchased the LX, but the available LCs were going for about $20K more than what I paid for the LX. I just could not justify the cost difference.

Similarly, when I started looking for 18" rims to replace my 20s, I looked at the cost of the Fuels and since I was able to purchase my used rims, have them fully resurfaced and coated for less than 1/3 of the brand new Fuels, I went that route. Yeah, I'm cheap.

Now back to the topic of thread.... Awesome looking LC!
Very nice! How about a picture facing the front to show the stance?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Here's one more front shot

image.jpeg

would the 305's fit if you had the front spacers? Just trying to figure out the difference between wildyoats and yours (lift wise) as it fit for him. and maybe the falkens and the KO2's have different dimensions even though they are the same "size"

Nice looking set up, really like the look of the wheels with your body color. The wheels and tires look proportional and not overdone. You guys are giving me lots of ideas, thanks for the pictures.

My first upgrade will be the modest 1" front lift from Toyota. My checkbook is still recovering from the purchase and sales tax. My Tires are still virgin (stock) so I'll run them for a while before getting the BFG KO2's...

would the 305's fit if you had the front spacers? Just trying to figure out the difference between wildyoats and yours (lift wise) as it fit for him. and maybe the falkens and the KO2's have different dimensions even though they are the same "size"

The front spacers would help more for articulation "compression" clearance but the tires would still hit the LCA everytime I turned the wheel inward. I'm having the spacers put on and it would not help. Believe me, I tried to convince myself it would but the overall size of this tire is too much. It would have fit if I used my wheel spacers but that would have added additional issues I'm sure. Not worth it in my book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom