Media 300 Series Picture Thread

Photo/Video/Audio threads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's a beauty. Did you go with black or stone interior? Nori is ridiculously gorgeous with the sunlight on it. My OT is fully ppf'd and ceramic coated, so I only wash it once every couple months or after a trip/offroading. I take it to a manual car wash and no matter how much I tell them NOT to use tire shine, I always leave the car wash with 4 black beaming shine circles under the car. It goes away after a couple days - fortunately. 😅
I went with black interior because it is what was available with a 5 seater at the time but was really digging the stone interior. I love the nori green color, that was the only option that I would not have compromised on. Even with ceramic coating only its pretty easy to keep clean, albeit a fingerprint magnet.

I normally use a satin tire shine just to get the tires to look black and not turn brownish but I ran out of it :frown:
 
Hey everyone, I've been lurking in the forums for a while but finally making a post. Had an LC250 for about two years and jump to a LX700h a few months ago. So far loving the extra power and solidity of the LX platform. This past weekend I installed some rock sliders, upsized the tires to 285/70/R18s, and gave it and unreasonable amount of tire shine :frown:.

View attachment 4192917

View attachment 4192918
Those sliders look awesome...exactly what I want. I have very similar ones on my 200, and have wanted to put them on my 600, but I thought that style slider couldn't work with AHC. Obviously I'm wrong, but did you install them yourself, or have a shop do it? If you don't mind me asking, how much were they, plus the install? Love the green too!

-Okay, edit, I just checked out the Westcot site and found them. I had no idea they were available yet. Still would like to know if you had a shop install them, or did it yourself.
 
Those sliders look awesome...exactly what I want. I have very similar ones on my 200, and have wanted to put them on my 600, but I thought that style slider couldn't work with AHC. Obviously I'm wrong, but did you install them yourself, or have a shop do it? If you don't mind me asking, how much were they, plus the install? Love the green too!

-Okay, edit, I just checked out the Westcot site and found them. I had no idea they were available yet. Still would like to know if you had a shop install them, or did it yourself.
Hey! Sorry I didn't get back to you before. Been a few busy weeks. Glad you found them on their website. I did install them myself, so only paid for the advertised price on their website. It was harder to do than on my LC 250 since you have to loosen most of the AHC bolts to fit the slider plates behind them, but it took me like 3 hours total taking it slow and without help. They kinda attach themselves around the AHC and to the underside of the chassis. They have a video that shows how they fit. I had to expand a few of the pre drilled holes to be able to fit the rivnuts (make sure that the shop does some sort of rust protection).

I can share some photos of how the underside looks when I am back home in a few days.
 
IMG_8242.webp
pictures never do it justice. This was a long steep climb that the side by sides have nearly made inaccessible. High mode, triple locked, floated right up to the top. Having done this same run in all my other Toyotas, was absolutely blown away with the ease. Not even a single tire slip. I can’t get over how enjoyable this vehicle has become.

IMG_6622.webp
 
View attachment 4207960pictures never do it justice. This was a long steep climb that the side by sides have nearly made inaccessible. High mode, triple locked, floated right up to the top. Having done this same run in all my other Toyotas, was absolutely blown away with the ease. Not even a single tire slip. I can’t get over how enjoyable this vehicle has become.

View attachment 4207961
Lookin good on the trail! Cant wait to test the 300 OT first hand.
 
View attachment 4207960pictures never do it justice. This was a long steep climb that the side by sides have nearly made inaccessible. High mode, triple locked, floated right up to the top. Having done this same run in all my other Toyotas, was absolutely blown away with the ease. Not even a single tire slip. I can’t get over how enjoyable this vehicle has become.

View attachment 4207961
Yep. It actually makes off-roading just a bit...boring :) total billy-goat, just goes up and over without a complaint.
 
View attachment 4207960pictures never do it justice. This was a long steep climb that the side by sides have nearly made inaccessible. High mode, triple locked, floated right up to the top. Having done this same run in all my other Toyotas, was absolutely blown away with the ease. Not even a single tire slip. I can’t get over how enjoyable this vehicle has become.

View attachment 4207961
Nice! Talk to us about those "Land Cruiser" letters. Hard to find? Would not they fit in place of the "Lexus"?
 
Lookin good on the trail! Cant wait to test the 300 OT first hand.
The best part of this the Jeep coming down up in front of me, doing what jeepers do, suggested I turn around as the trail ahead was worse than he’d ever seen it.
Nice! Talk to us about those "Land Cruiser" letters. Hard to find? Would not they fit in place of the "Lexus"?
They are just the oem lettering for the LC300. They are just temporary…. I’ll eventually take them off. Figured I’d see if it pissed off the 200 or the 250 guys more. lol. Answer. 200. Most of the 250’s just look at it with a confused look!
 
I would pay at least $185 maybe 200 if Lexus just stole the GRS exterior body/dimensions and slapped it on the LX.
I mean, about 10-15k in parts and you could have the front clip of the GR300.

Not that I've looked into that at all. Nope, not at all.
 
I mean thats really all I'm looking for. Just debadge it, or rebadge. I would pay this right now. Were to I send a check?
$15k is a lot for something that might look OEM but likely won’t have OEM fit and finish. At that point for the money I’d suggest taking the trip to Dissent and doing low pro front and rear bumpers.
 
I still don’t get Toyota/Lexus’ decisions on how they put wood on the inside of the steering wheels, with leather on the outside. I’d personally just prefer the old way they did it.
The LC300 has functional beauty rather than trying to be a luxurious vehicle. When it was built Toyota worked on a motto called “ultimate authentic” where the designers focused on taking the vehicle to its roots. They actually used the 80 series as their main inspiration. That is why LC300 has a more boxy look, well defined wheel arches.

It also has a very tall green house because the belt line is lower than LC200. That is why when you see an LC300 without tinted windows it looks like a very classic 90s SUV. The “A” pillar is narrower too which gives the driver very good visibility. Also, it is a very commanding vehicle. I usually sit very low, but I still feel I am In control of a very big vehicle. But you don’t feel it when you drive.

The interior is also extremely functional. Unlike the 200, the buttons and switches are bigger and easier to reach. It surely is not a modern minimalistic design.

IMG_9155.webp
 
Back
Top Bottom