300 Series Announced (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Toyota announced the new 300 series today. Thoughts?

Video starts at 5:27

Other Auto publications have also reported on it

No surprises. Big Lexus like front end. Squarish rear end. No split rear gate???!!!

How they flat fold the 3rd row if there is a solid axle down there?? That is very innovative!

Last edited:
From another article:

It is the first Land Cruiser model to make use of the new Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA) platform. The Japanese company says the platform will improve performance both on and off road, with “new benefits in terms of body rigidity, strength and dynamic balance.”

Despite the new platform, the Land Cruiser 300 will maintain the same dimensions of the current model, including overall length, width, wheelbase and departure and approach angles, but is 200kg lighter than its predecessor.

I couldn’t help but listen to her introduction and place “except in North America” in front of most of her comments about it 🙄

I couldn’t help but listen to her introduction and place “except in North America” in front of most of her comments about it 🙄
I couldn’t help but wonder why she wasn’t wearing a tight skirt and low cut blouse. Just sayin’ 😜

I couldn’t help but wonder why she wasn’t wearing a tight skirt and low cut blouse. Just sayin’ 😜
That’s reserved for the N.A. Sequoia introduction 🤓

The new one with the TOYOTA grille looks great, can't wait to buy in 10-20 years once I'm over my 2013!
If they don't start bringing them to America, you may be waiting 25 years.

No surprises. Big Lexus like front end. Squarish rear end. No split rear gate???!!!

How they flat fold the 3rd row if there is a solid axle down there?? That is very innovative!

I could be wrong, but I expect the folding 3rd row comes at the penalty of a higher floor, like the GX 460 (as opposed to 470).

More Power. Translates to 409 HP and 480 lb ft. For the base engine. Still a higher performance GR Sport engine to come. Argh Argh Argh.

1623278566045.png

Looks cool. Rear bumper cover looks like it’s half way up the d Pilar but I could be wrong, if so I wonder what that does for aftermarket bumper. Looks like there were manual HVAC controls which I like but I didn’t see any mention of car play… HARD PASS!

just kidding. I’m bummed it’s not coming here (yet) but I’ll still be happy with my ‘21 for a long time to come. I would have loved a chance to compare the 300 with the 200 and choose what would fit my needs better, seeing as how the aftermarket is already there for the 200 and I don’t need a daily driver I feel confident saying I would have gone 200 anyway. However, 90 more foot pounds of torque and the HP bump are good persuaders.

No locker(s) mentioned.

440 lbs lighter, but no word on payload. I like that sport model. Not a huge fan of the rear styling, but its not too bad. It'll be interesting to see what the LX version looks like. I hope to god they make it more like the sport model and less like the others.

Honestly, I see a perfectly large flat area on both front and rear fenders which makes cutting them out much less noticeable. There’s even a nice line to follow if you’re not taking much out 🤔 😂

Looked at used price of 17 LX570's here in Aus and looks like I can take minimal hit ($20k over 4 years isn't bad)... pending price of an LC300 it's tempting.
Tried to get through to mylocal Toyota but they were busy.. probably taking deposits already knowing how many cruisers are around in my part of the world

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom