3 on the Tree Reverse Switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all.
I’ve been grappling with getting the reverse light to work on my rig. The source seems to be this switch.

Does anyone know if I can source a working one?

(I’ve exhausted my local sources already.
2822EE17-06E8-4E4D-BD38-A9F29C4F2CED.jpeg

Cheers!

good used or fab up a mount and use any normally open switch that will activate by the linkage

Hey all.
I’ve been grappling with getting the reverse light to work on my rig. The source seems to be this switch.

Does anyone know if I can source a working one?

(I’ve exhausted my local sources already.View attachment 2750850
Cheers!
good used or fab up a mount and use any normally open switch that will activate by the linkage

This NOS Switch Should be your unicorn 🦄

it’s simply a later one with pigtail / verse your early make bullet connectors equipped terminals one

I have a box of these and they indeed have solved this problem you have going on

however I don’t know all the tech on any changes that may have occurred though out the entire column mount shifter era ?

you don’t state the model
Year or production date of your land cruiser ?

this would help nail the coffin shut and perhaps I indeed think this may solve your issue at hand

I can measure any specs you ask for

and please ask and provide some

thanks

What does the all wise and WAG knowing @3_puppies

have to input here ?

B92D17D9-635F-48ED-BCC8-6FCEAAEF5030.jpeg
DA0305BF-4360-4917-A29A-6D213B44BBD5.jpeg
D606282B-5DEB-41E2-9409-039450632608.jpeg
4AFB2466-74D6-47BF-94DB-5FCCCA2FD625.jpeg
CE9DCDED-6B4D-4114-A3CF-33575FEF095D.jpeg

it’s simply a later one with pigtail / verse your early make bullet connectors equipped terminals one

I have a box of these and they indeed have solved this problem you have going on

however I don’t know all the tech on any changes that may have occurred though out the entire column mount shifter era ?

this would help nail the coffin shut and perhaps I indeed think this may solve your issue at hand

thanks

have to input here ?

View attachment 2750957View attachment 2750958View attachment 2750959View attachment 2750960View attachment 2750961
Thanks for all the input so quickly!
My FJ40 is a June 1971.
Below is a photo of the area where the switch attaches to the linkage.

2688B573-CC81-4EFE-8B20-5702F1B3649A.jpeg

89A906C7-7279-4326-902A-7DB7BEF49CF9.jpeg

thanks

have to input here ?

View attachment 2750957View attachment 2750958View attachment 2750959View attachment 2750960View attachment 2750961

where is the rest of your switch ?

do i need to supply you with a hex nut ?

This one looks like in screws into the transfer case. Not sure how well it would hold up to the weather. They also use a C clip to hold it to the bracket. What is needed is a weather tight normally open spring.loaded momentary switch. Can get a picture of the ome.in my 70 FJ40 mounted to the base of the steering column.

Should.add it needs to be activated with a plunger.

This one looks like in screws into the transfer case. Not sure how well it would hold up to the weather. They also use a C clip to hold it to the bracket. What is needed is a weather tight normally open spring.loaded momentary switch. Can get a picture of the ome.in my 70 FJ40 mounted to the base of the steering column.

Should.add it needs to be activated with a plunger.

This is from the cruiser corps web site to be clear , and is only being used for TECH reference ......

would you say John this switch is a correct application with the screw in threads it appears @ZachA does NOT need like you say ?

he needs a clip style with his sheet metal round hole bracket

right ?

download9.jpg

This is from the cruiser corps web site to be clear , and is only being used for TECH reference ......

would you say John this switch is a correct application with the screw in threads it appears @ZachA does NOT need like you say ?

he needs a clip style with his sheet metal round hole bracket

right ?

View attachment 2751216
I believe this is for the floor shifter style. Our column shifter uses a clip similar to brake hard lines and a wavy washer, but one may be able to retrofit it to work.

Another Mudder last week just posted his solution...I can't seem to find it.

Last edited:
At least a dozen available in Burbank.
8C21D106-6B82-4099-A6F0-378285C973F8.jpeg

I believe this is for the floor shifter style. Our column shifter uses a clip similar to brake hard lines and a wavy washer, but one may be able to retrofit it to work.

At least a dozen available in Burbank.View attachment 2751245
First picture is in gist gear. Other two are while in reverse .View attachment 2751185View attachment 2751186View attachment 2751187

if anyone knows the tech it's JOHN and mark A :)

At least a dozen available in Burbank.View attachment 2751245
Thanks for weighing in on my thread about my 3. On the Tree reverse switch.

If you’re willing to drop the best of one of those switches in the mail to British Columbia I sure would be interested in taking one off your hands.

We’ve just spent 3 month pulling and repairing wiring scabs out of my harness and am a little gunshy about starting to fab in my own additions of the right parts are available.

Cheers!

Thanks for weighing in on my thread about my 3. On the Tree reverse switch.

If you’re willing to drop the best of one of those switches in the mail to British Columbia I sure would be interested in taking one off your hands.

We’ve just spent 3 month pulling and repairing wiring scabs out of my harness and am a little gunshy about starting to fab in my own additions of the right parts are available.

Cheers!

you are making a solid choice sourcing the clip retainer style you need from Mark A .

i have never see a thread-less one in my life , class is always in session here on MUD ........

Here is the one from my 71 column shift, for reference.
3C87D66C-512E-430B-BDC0-05C06E3CF5E5.jpeg

Pretty clean 40 - I just hope the bezel police doesn't see it . . . o_O

On my 11/69 I used a Fastronix 305-001 aftermarket momentary switch which did the trick. Seems more durable than the factory. Had to change the wire ends from bullet to ring terminals, that was it.

Looks like a good option as a replacement. Really hard to fault the OEM switch. Those ended 9/72. That makes many could be fifty years or older mounted open to the environment under the hood. Switched my 68 to a floor shift in 1974. Then later to a four speed. Know thinking of putting column shift three speed in if I paint it. Luckily kept the bracket and switch all these years. Bracket would be much harder to replace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom