Events/Trails ♦ 2nd Annual COPPER STATE CLASSIC CRUIZE 4-13-19 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've secured a seat with @Cruddz for a 2nd year! I'll bring the camera again this year!

DSC_0264.JPG

DSC_0317.JPG

DSC_0332.JPG

DSC_0316.JPG

Thanks! The artist did a great job for sure. The stickers are to be handed out to all the participants of the CSC CC 2019 Run. Afterwards, any left overs will be available to anyone interested. Maybe bring them to a meeting or swing by the store?

Any idea where we will be meeting for the start of this run?
I plan to camp out Friday and maybe Saturday night too.

Just north of Florence by the bridge that spans the wash there. Will post more details by next weekend. Thx

Who all is thinking of camping out? Is there a good spot to do so?
I'll be camping somewhere Thursday, Friday, & Saturday nights.

State Trust land everywhere in the vicinity - just need yer permit.

how firm is the "pre 89" requirement? I'd like to go but only have my 100 series out here.
You should join us on the Kofa run then with the 100

I really don't think you should have to have a permit just to cross state land.

Per Recreational Permit Portal | Arizona State Land Department

Individual Permit: An Individual Permit grants a single person access to State Trust land for certain types of recreational activities including bicycling, bird watching, GPS-based recreational activities (geocaching), hiking, horseback riding, off-highway vehicle (OHV) usage, photography, picnicking, and sightseeing.

For a more personal reason why a permit is important (and relatively cheap) you can read one of our member's experience with the PoPo's
State Trust Land Permits - YES! You May Need One!!

I scan the Pinal County Sheriff's channels on my Ham radio and have heard them citing people for trespassing on state trust land around Florence.

Luckily I keep mine in my glove box. But I think that a better idea is to keep it with my visor

I am well aware of that thread. I did think it was BS for citing someone for crossing state land on a all weather road. I can do all these things in the National Forest without paying the feds to use Land that belongs to everybody. I know the permit is cheap. If I need one I would buy one verses the BS it could cause. Being cited as a felony is real BS. As much as anything I do not buy just because of principal. I believe I asked this question last year. If needed I would buy one. If not I won't.

I look at the state trust land permit as an investment in keeping access open. The number of outings per year make it very cheap while limiting my need to explain my reasoning for not having one to the magistrates. The likelihood that you would get cited is very low but why take a chance, even on principle. Now that the application and payment is online, it is quick and easy, think of it like an investment in your hobby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom