Events/Trails ♦ 2nd Annual COPPER STATE CLASSIC CRUIZE 4-13-19 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you notice? I was a little green (with envy) when I saw you this morning.
That's why I waved vigorously - to rub it in.

Good luck with the wedding festivities!

Sunset near Superior

15551220207702046366656.jpg

View attachment 1933215
**UPDATE** UPDATE *** Location change! due to Country Thunder clogging up the previously planned trail choice.
We will now be meeting at the Los Hermanos restaurant in Superior at 8:30 am and pulling out no later than 9:00am. please plan enough time to eat and gas up to be ready to roll at 9:00am. TUCSON Crew: Also allow time to get through Florence with the Country Thunder traffic...

Here is the address > 835 W US-60, Superior, AZ 85173

We are working on a couple great alternative choices. The new run will be announced Saturday morning. The trail will not be difficult. We are looking for a scenic and relatively easy trail to enjoy in the area.
See you all Saturday! weather will be around 78* for the high with some scattered clouds - perfect!

Its time for the Second annual COPPER STATE CLASSIC CRUIZE!

What is it? A run designed specifically for older Toyota 4x4's from 1962-1989. Bring your Mini pickup, 4Runner, 40, 45, 55, 60, & 62! If you don't have a "Relic", see if you can ride shotgun with someone!

When: It will be a day run on Saturday April 13th.
Where: Box Canyon Near Florence/Superior. Purposely in-between Phx and Tucson. Hopefully we can get CSC folks from both cities attending like last year ~
****UPDATE****
Stay tuned, country thunder will modify our plans, will try post up an update by Tuesday with another plan in the general area.

Sounds like a fun event. My boys and I are thinking of joining with our 60. Do you guys know about how long of a ride you’re planning? Trying to juggle a busy Saturday as always.

Likely all day. We probably will be back in Phoenix just around sun down

See you in the am in superior at the new meeting spot.

Tomorrow I will have the following items:
Trasharoo for @ScottyDog
Club shirt for @mtn biker
100 series mud flap deletes for @ftbshop .

I’m driving Brice’s 60, dark gray, make sure to see me to get your stuff
Not going to make it out today. Wife just go out of the hospital, so I get to play housewife and nurse

Me either since my brothers passing my Mom has had a rough time. I guess I have too but my thoughts are with all my mud brothers on this run. I really enjoyed riding along with Jack in his bitchin FJ45LV last year! Already hoping to bring my ‘78 on my next years run.

Excellent trip Murf, 17 trucks and plenty of scenery. Thanks for putting this on.
E6D843C0-2EE1-47CF-BDB0-5ED001839981.jpeg

Thanks to everyone that showed up for the classic Cruise. We started at Los hermanos restaurant and met with some function both Phoenix and Tucson.

MVIMG_20190413_085855.jpg
MVIMG_20190413_085803.jpg

We elected to take a new route further east and heading down Forest road 349. We wanted to go by Bellevue ghost Town but the road leading to it was closed as private property. We did see hints of mining activity all along the trail
MVIMG_20190413_101401.jpg

We had a few stops airing down and for lunch. I wish I would have took more pictures!
MVIMG_20190413_100410.jpg
MVIMG_20190413_103837.jpg
MVIMG_20190413_111449.jpg
MVIMG_20190413_111549.jpg

A group of five trucks ended up camping Saturday night after we helped them find a good camping spot that would fit all the trucks and flat enough for tents.

Last edited:
The weather was great as was the company and the scenery. There were great stretches of blooming wildflowers of all colors.
MVIMG_20190413_152226.jpg
MVIMG_20190413_152235.jpg

Really liked the pine Forest at the top of the mountain outside of globe. Possible nice summer getaway?
Looking forward to others pictures of this run and thanks again for everybody who came and enjoyed the nice day!

I knew i should have just sucked it up and gone.. that area looks awesome.. anyone have pins or tracking of the route you did?

Thanks @brices123 for letting your FJ60 attend the run even though you couldn't make it! Thanks @Saddletramp for letting me ride shotgun, I had lots of fun! Thanks @murf for organizing, and thanks to everyone for showing up! :cool: it was some great scenery and turned into more actual wheeling than I think was originally planned, but all these relics performed excellently!

Wow. Great pics. Another stellar run from what I see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom