2l-te NE engine speed sensor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does anyone know the part number for the engine speed sensor inside of the fuel injection pump and where to get one.

Thanks

I always go here when I need part numbers. Just select the specifics of your vehicle and then it'll bring up drawings for everything. Find the drawing for your injection pump, and you'll find the part # for the NE Sensor: Spare parts for Toyota LAND CRUISER/LAND CRUISER PRADO LJ78 | Buy high quality spare parts for Automobile at reasonable prices in MegaZip online shop.

If you are replacing this part because of code 12, it will likely not solve your problems. It's the timer control valve that causes code 12. And usually even that is not failed, it's just what the ECU blames when it can't achieve it's desired timing. A whole range of things can cause code 12. Just type in 'Hilux Surf Code 12' into google and it'll bring up a ton of threads with ideas for you to check (same engine as your Prado, but there are way more Surf's than Prado's, so it brings up lots of results).

I always go here when I need part numbers. Just select the specifics of your vehicle and then it'll bring up drawings for everything. Find the drawing for your injection pump, and you'll find the part # for the NE Sensor: Spare parts for Toyota LAND CRUISER/LAND CRUISER PRADO LJ78 | Buy high quality spare parts for Automobile at reasonable prices in MegaZip online shop.

If you are replacing this part because of code 12, it will likely not solve your problems. It's the timer control valve that causes code 12. And usually even that is not failed, it's just what the ECU blames when it can't achieve it's desired timing. A whole range of things can cause code 12. Just type in 'Hilux Surf Code 12' into google and it'll bring up a ton of threads with ideas for you to check (same engine as your Prado, but there are way more Surf's than Prado's, so it brings up lots of results).

i was after blaming the timer control valve too, but i removed the pump to have a good look and it seems someone has been in there before, (i just bought it) the connector for the NE sensor was not seated right and when i took of the cover you can see that some one was messing with it and had tried to reseal the NE sensor with some kind of rubber solution, there was also bit of the sensor in the pump which i believe was stopping the timing from changing. so i have disassembled the pump and cleaned it and now everything moves. i also checked my resistances before i started and the timer control was good and the NE was half of what if should have been. so fingers crossed. it mat turn out to be the timer control valve after i fix this bit but i might get lucky.

thanks for the info.

i was after blaming the timer control valve too, but i removed the pump to have a good look and it seems someone has been in there before, (i just bought it) the connector for the NE sensor was not seated right and when i took of the cover you can see that some one was messing with it and had tried to reseal the NE sensor with some kind of rubber solution, there was also bit of the sensor in the pump which i believe was stopping the timing from changing. so i have disassembled the pump and cleaned it and now everything moves. i also checked my resistances before i started and the timer control was good and the NE was half of what if should have been. so fingers crossed. it mat turn out to be the timer control valve after i fix this bit but i might get lucky.

thanks for the info.

Cool, sounds like you are well on your way! Nice work. Glad you're not afraid to get your hands dirty.

While you have your pump out, you should reseal it. Here is the kit I bought and it worked really well: Hilux Surf, LN130 Diesel Injection Pump Repair Kit + Free Instructions | eBay

I lucked upon a brand new 2LTE injection pump someone had sitting on their shelf for sale on gumtree in Australia. Even though my pump works fine, I'm going to put the new one on so I don't have to think about it for a long long time. I will be selling my old one. So if it turns out your pump is toast....my old one does work just fine. It was recently resealed too.

I looked a bit for the NE sensor part number. It is a hard thing to find and not listed directly for the LJ78 as far as I could find. The only part number I could find was for a slightly newer generation 2LTE. I don't know if the part is backward compatible or not, but here is the part #: NE SENSOR Denso: 029600-0230 Toyota: 89284-60010 Seems this same part # is used for most of the ECD V3 diesels of that vintage. So likely it is the right one.

i think i have found a few for sale, so ill get one coming, ill be ordering the seal kit for sure. thanks for your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom