2L-T Diesel Pump allignment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys

A Friend of mine has a 1996 2.4 l Diesel Toyota Hilux (2L-T Engine) and asked me for advice / help. I am very familiar with 1HD, 1HZ, 1KD and 1KZ engine, but these engine don't have the diesel pump driven from the timing belt, so i hope to find some help here.

We had to change the timing belt and i noticed, that the alignment mark of the diesel pump seems to be completely at the wrong place (check attached photos) we are not 100% sure that the diesel pump was not turned during the Timing belt removal. So i decided to align the diesel pump according to the marks like described in the manual.

Unfortunately the engine does not start now, and anyway i was confused how the diesel pump could made 1/3 turn without noticing.

i made a mark how the diesel pump was before, but i want to be 100% sure that the diesel pump is aligned correctly and without finding any factory marks this seems to be nearly impossible.

I am very thankful for any advice where the factory alignment marks are found, since nearby the yellow marked there is no corresponding on the engine block.

IMAGE 2020-02-09 16:33:22.jpg

IMAGE 2020-02-09 16:33:46.jpg

IMAGE 2020-02-09 16:33:57.jpg

Screenshot 2020-02-09 at 16.34.49.png

Thank you for sharing, i think i found the issue, i was confused because the last mechanic drawed other marks on the pulley so the camshaft was 180° wrong... will check tomorrow ;)

Thank you for sharing, i think i found the issue, i was confused because the last mechanic drawed other marks on the pulley so the camshaft was 180° wrong... will check tomorrow ;)

Was the yellow mark on your pump pulley at 12 o’clock originally? if the cam and crank are out of time you risk pistons hitting valves. But maybe at 180 degrees off the valve timing is reversed and you will be safe?

definitely report back with what you find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom