2h engine mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Update. I successfully relocated the engine mounts and the trans mounts on my project. I really appreciate the help from everyone who was able to. @georgebj60 @duncanrm
I am now re assembling and cleaning up everything.
Nice.. send a Money Shot photo through when you're done (your engine bay)!

Update. I successfully relocated the engine mounts and the trans mounts on my project. I really appreciate the help from everyone who was able to. @georgebj60 @duncanrm
Glad you got it sorted. You would think that Toyota would have published engine mount types and locations with the frame dimensions. It would save a lot of people a lot of time. I wish I had documented the locations when I did my swap, but I was more focussed on getting the work done than documentation.

Do post up photos of the end result. Always keen to see more pics of the 2H. What a great engine.

Glad you got it sorted! Can I confirm that you needed to cut and relocate your chassis engine mounts? I am planning on doing a 3F to 2H conversion on my FJ62 and I have had some mixed information regarding chassis mount relocation. Some have said they did not need to cut and relocate chassis mounts depending if its an early or late 60-62 and which mounts they were using.

This info will be fantastic to scope out before I get going on it. I have an earlier (84 i think) HJ60 as a donor car and a 1/85 FJ62 that am hoping to fit the 2H into. Great info here!

Thank you all and hope you put up a pic and some results of your hard work.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom