2H alternator Hookup dumb question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

40Flipper

Master of Nothing
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.rinnadvisors.com
Replaced the head and a ton of other stuff on my 1980 HJ47. I bought a new Bosch alternator. The old alternator had this same green wire plug coming off of it. I unplugged the old one 5 months ago. Bought this new one which is exactly the same.

The black female clip doesn't fit. The prongs and slots line up but the plastic prevents them from clipping together.

Is there an adapter or something I lost? What am I doing wrong? Its literally the last thing I need to do. How do I get these to clip together? Looked through all my tools and junk from the repairs and cant find anything.

Am I an idiot??
Resized_20170430_110600.jpeg
20170430_111153.jpg

Last edited:
Its possible that your old alternator was externally regulated and your new one is internally regulated and you will need some wiring modifications.

Thats the alternator that I bought and installed. It's the same model as the old one that was in it. The old one had the same green plug as the new one

That's strange as the plug on the wiring loom is to suit the the non regulator alternator do you still have the old one laying around to compare.

Thats the alternator that I bought and installed. It's the same model as the old one that was in it. The old one had the same green plug as the new one
Did your alternator come with this new plug?
e38-8837.tag.01.jpg

That Ebay listing above says you need to replace the factory plug with this one.

Awesome. thanks! just ordered one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom