2H 6 Cylinder Diesel runs great (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
*SOLD*SOLD*SOLD*

My 2H is now out of my HJ60 and ready for a new home (my 12ht is going in:D ). It has been very well cared for and has all maintanance, tuning, oil changes done at more than the regular intervals. The truck it came out of has 200,000 miles on it (335,000km) and was running very strong. The only reason I am changing is for high altitude performace. It could run my truck at 75MPH and faster all day long.

Its on a pallet and can ship (though I am not sure how to weigh it.)

Local pickup would be best (San Fran Bay Area), and we can arrange a lift truck to load it.

This is just the motor, no tranny or electrical accessories. Manuals are available at birfield.com. All maintenance parts available either local toyota dealers, toyota lift truck dealers, 4wheelauto.com, or G&S Cruisers.

Asking $2000, hiest offer takes it.

2Hclose.jpg

Last edited:
crushers said:
what was the compression at time of removal?
I have not had the compression tested.

I know the motor. It's a good one. Been fastidiously maintained. No connection here- just adding what I know to be true.

Peter

zander... just would like to say that your website was an ispiration and resource to me in deciding to get into diesel cruisers... I have since performed my first swap (3b/h55f into an 84 fj60) and am gettting set to do another. So. Great site and thanks for all the info. i think i'm stickng with the 3b for now... but nice looking engine. cheers.
Matt, IVAW (we need a bio-diesel bus, btw... anyone have a donation for some dudes trying to end this stupid ass war?)

zander said:
I have not had the compression tested.
too bad,
it helps a sale to know as much as possible about the condition of the engine. i did not post to question the condition of the engine but to help the sale...
best of luck

Where in the SF Bay Area? (that's a big area)

Thanks,
Phil

pjohnson said:
Where in the SF Bay Area? (that's a big area)

Thanks,
Phil

Sausalito (right across the Golden Gate Bridge from SF) zip is 94965

Any more offers on this before I put it up on ebay? i would rather sell it to a Mud Member? current offer is at $1500...

I've been looking to do a diesel conversion, but am wondering about all the logistics. I've got a stock FJ60 with 2F and 4 speed. What needs to be change out when placing a 2H engine? Tranny? Drive Train? Thanks for your help.

Kevin

There are many threads on this. The tranny should be a direct bolt bolt up as are most the changes required. The only fab work I am aware of is the motor mounts which will likely have to be altered.

Looks like I have a local buyer from this forum. If for some reason that does not come through I will post here again a week from today.

I thought that the transmission input shafts are different lengths in diesel Toyotas compared to gasoline Toyotas? In other words, not a direct bolt up during a conversion from gas to diesel.

2h and 2f are the same. 3B tranny has a shorter input shaft and would have to be swapped with one from a 2H.

Looks like the buyer is a no show :( The motor is now available again...

(Jeff are you out there? Contact me if we have crossed signals somewhere)

this motor is still available.

I now have a deposit on this motor. Thanks for all your interest.

*SOLD*SOLD*SOLD*

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom