2FE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pappy

photosynthesizing
Threads
I can't win. Tim was going to have the motor done this weekend, then I get this from him ...

"Corteco sent the "correct" gasket yesterday, it was wrong. Seems again, the rep. was incorrect. This is the problem when people are strong minded into thinking whatever the computer screen shows is right."

As the story goes I told Tim he needed to use a 3FE gasket (per Dan). There are two different part numbers for the 2F and 3FE. Dan will have to tell us the difference (thickness? holes?). Anyway, the parts guy said there was only one part number for the 2F/3FE gasket and sent him the 2F gasket. Opps. Now he needs to order another gasket. He is using a Dana graphite composite gasket made mostly for diesels. I figure what the heck. This is a tractor motor.

Jon

I don't know if the 3FE gasket has the same issue, but the 2F gasket is unidirectional and if installed backwards starves the valvetrain of oil. Word to the wise any time someone unfamiliar with Fs gets involved.

I don't know if the 3FE gasket has the same issue, but the 2F gasket is unidirectional and if installed backwards starves the valvetrain of oil. Word to the wise any time someone unfamiliar with Fs gets involved.

Same issue 2F or 3FE and Tim is aware of this. It appears the gasket they sent Tim was neither a 2F or 3FE.

Jon

I think the Harley guys have a saying.... "Chrome don't make it go!!!" That being said, that is one fine looking powerplant you have there. Can't wait to see it in da'40. Didn't we decide that you would paint it a nice fluorescent pink at the meeting last night?

Jon-

I think you should paint the Cruiser about the same color blue as the engine- but put a satin "flattener" over it to make it look like a flat colored paint.

It'll look like an oldschool rat-rod, especially if you have some subtle pinstriping done...

Ryan

On it's way, optimistically due Friday. Dan and the boys at American Toyota will be the first to see it. I still think he should put a bogus part number on it and display it out on the floor.

A pic from today.

Last edited:
...a splendiferous powerplant...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom