2F TBI adapter & throttle cable?

Which TBI adapter would you suggest for a 2F application using a GM 4.0 throttle body?.. I know some make it so the TBI is reveresed and make the throttle hookup harder.

Wasn't there an adapter that made the throttle connection so you can use most of the stock pedal setup with some mods?

I only know of Downeys and not sure Mike Smythe still makes them.

Poser

Oh...Durka Durka Durka.
Supporting Vendor
Make your own... <---- this is a link

Not that big of a deal really. You can then make the throttle body face however you want to.

Mike is no longer making them....

:beer:

Last edited:
Hey Poser,

The TBI adapter link is not working for me, is there another source for the layout?
I am having difficulty with the layout

Heron

Downey

SILVER Star
Poser, I took a gander at the link you referenced---I don't get it!!! (a) why would anybody go through the exercise to convert a 180 degree straight VSS into a 90 degree unit---what did I miss??? (b) Why would anybody use a buffer, not reprogramable, no suited to his tire size and gear ratio, and admittedly did not work?????

Poser

Oh...Durka Durka Durka.
Supporting Vendor
Jim-

If I recall correctly, that article has been out here since 2003, and the conversion was done back in 2001. As you and I are both aware, many things have changed since then, not only in regards to TBI setups on previously carbureted engines.

:beer:

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Which TBI adapter would you suggest for a 2F application using a GM 4.0 throttle body?.. I know some make it so the TBI is reveresed and make the throttle hookup harder.

Wasn't there an adapter that made the throttle connection so you can use most of the stock pedal setup with some mods?

I only know of Downeys and not sure Mike Smythe still makes them.

Downey. It's simple and works. Plus you get good customer service. Post a pic to the TB. There are a few types.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom