275 70 18 inexpensive tire with experiences. ??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BullElk

SILVER Star
Threads
I’m lookimg to get new 275 70 18 tires for our ‘06 LX overlander trip taker. ould like fairly aggressive tires on the inexpensive end of the spectrum and 275s being the largest that will fit.

Any suggestions you guys may have that you’ve been dying to tell someone?

I have the Mastercraft Courser AXT and really like them. Looking at maybe the CXT version or maybe a Milestar brand…. Or something along those lines instead of the more expensive top name brand tires.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
I have been test driving Kenda Klever MTs on my 80. Drove most of the trails in Ouray and did great. Have about 25k miles on them. Quiet. Wear is low. I was pleasantly surprised.

While not a budget tire, I've really liked the Toyo Open Country ATIIIs. I got mine in a 265/70/18 (32.6") – I did not get the LT version, didn't need added weight/thickness for my use. I've had these in snow/ice and took a 4000 mile trip out west to Joshua Tree National Park and up some fairly rough trails and they've been great. I'm really impressed with the traction on these in all conditions, slight hum on road but that's expected. I've had them on for about 10k miles so far.

IMG_7286.jpeg

APC_1328.jpg

LCApril2021_02lr.jpg

The PO of my LC put a set of Big O Big Foot XTs on a few months before I bought it. Not sure if Big O has locations near you, but I'm actually surprised with how well the've done so far. Much quieter than other off-road oriented LT tires I've had and they've done the job so far on fire roads/ ski area access roads. That being said, not a tire that I'd consider buying personally- even though I don't have any complaints yet I'll be swapping them out at the end of the summer.

I've had friends who do a lot of ranch and gravel road driving find success with Treadwright Tires (Houston based). I believe that they are remolded with tread patterns emulating big-brands.

I've used Treadwright for last 10 years, since before they moved down to Texas.

Have had 2 that balanced badly, and 2 delam (one last month), prob a dozen total carcasses.
I like the Good AT's because sidewall is stiff enuf not to roll on high speed corners. I always used to request them for carcasses, but they have discontinued my 31 10.5 15s

After sale service is terrible now, but have had great tire life and rubber composition is good for dirt. Never tried on ice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom