2021 Fuse Locations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

orttauq

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.orttauq.com
In preparation for installing the Slee Sliders with the light kit I ran wiring today from each door's puddle light. I did a quick look at the fuses to remove the one for this circuits but had no luck (it is NOT the fuse marked DOME) so I moved on trying to be careful. Well, on the 3rd door I shorted it out and blew the fuse-I heard it pop. None of the 4 puddle lights work nor the two overhead lights. The foot well lights that the DOME fuse protects still work. None of the documentation Google finds is for a 2021; they all end at 2017/2018 MY. On my 2021 the fuse boxes are not the same as these diagrams-the box under the drivers dash has 3 rows, not 2 and there are far more fuses/or slots in the one under the hood than pre-2018. The one under the passenger dash looks to be about the same.

I can't find the one that I blew--Anyone have a 2021 diagram or can direct me to the one for all 4 door puddle/overhead lights?

Thanks

Have you tried the owners manual in your glovebox?

Yep...Pages 501-503-just says where and how; it does not say what fuses are for what and to take it to the dealer (of course)

Thanks but does not apply to 2021. Under hood fuse box does not look like that at all:
Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 6.59.25 PM.png

Mine, a 2021 pictured above, and what was in that thread and what Google finds is below.

Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 6.58.20 PM.png

It calls these two DOME1 and DOME2 but I only find one marked DOME under the driver's dash.
The one I found on Google says #35 & 49 for DOME1 and DOME2 so even different than picture above.

Last edited:
Does the fuse box lid still have the fuse layout marked on the inside?

Yes, but nothing that is clearly related. Granted some are a bit cryptic. Based on the other thread and that Dome2 and Dome1 are 7.5/5 amp I did check all the 7.5 and 5 fuses and they are all good. I was at the pass. rear door and heard the little pop so sure it has to be one in the cabin. Underhood would be too far away I’d think to hear it go.

Last edited:
deleted as it's answered in the post above.

Wow the fuse section of the owner's manual is really useless.

Last edited:
~

Wow the fuse section of the owner's manual is really useless.
Better than my Daughter's VW. It just says take it to the dealer; Nothing else! At least the LC one says where to find the boxes and to not user the wrong sizes.

On my 2013 I vaguely remember another fuse cluster behind the passengers footwell kick panel.. could totally be wrong. But it’s quite easy to pull that panel.

Thanks but does not apply to 2021. Under hood fuse box does not look like that all:
View attachment 2637702
Mine, a 2021 pictured above, and what was in that thread and what Google finds is below.

View attachment 2637703

It calls these two DOME1 and DOME2 but I only find one marked DOME under the driver's dash.
The one I found on Google says #35 & 49 for DOME1 and DOME2 so even different than picture above.
Photo looks absolutely identical to my 2018. So at least info for 2018-2021 wiring & fuses applies. Good to know.

Photo looks absolutely identical to my 2018. So at least info for 2018-2021 wiring & fuses applies. Good to know.
I could not find any 2019+ fuse info online. Everything was up to 2018 so there must have been a mid-year change; yours being after the change from 2 rows to 3 for the one under the driver's dash.

I could not find any 2019+ fuse info online. Everything was up to 2018 so there must have been a mid-year change; yours being after the change from 2 rows to 3 for the one under the driver's dash.
For completeness, your 2021 under the driver's dash "J4" fuse panel is also 100% identical to my 2018's. It's helpful to know if all we can find is info. up to 2018.

Might as well post 'em all.
Here's the passenger side fuse panel of my 2018:
Fuse Passenger Interior 1 IMG_4092.JPG

Nobody said it was going to be easy.

I'd direct you to something I said in another thread: "Ya, don't spend too much time looking at those fuse and relay names. It'll drive you bonkers. I'm sure there is some method to their madness, but it isn't obvious to me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom