Events/Trails 2019 Overland Challenge (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Mods please move if necessary, not sure where this actually belongs, just posting here because #80slove.
Thought I’d share an event I attended this past year with some friends. I’m sure you all will recognize at least one mud member if not a few.
This is a 3 part mini series on the Overland Challenge from Southern Expeditions held near Uhwarrie OHV Park. Episode 1 and 2 are out, episode 3 will be out Friday at 6 pm. Download the recoiltv app, or simply search: 2019 Overland Challenge episode 1/2/3 recoiltv; on google.
They have already scheduled next years event and all proceeds go towards a military/veteran based charity which is great. So if you’re close by (we drove 9 hours one way to attend) it’s definitely worth the experience. Top 3 teams win some AWESOME prizes (first place won roughly $10k in prizes, 2nd totaled up to $7k, 3rd was around $4k, last place was awarded some nice recovery boards), and even if you don’t win anything, the fun and fellowship you have attending is well worth the entry fee and drive.
Also I am in no way affiliated with the Southern Expeditions crew. Simply know them from attending the events and following them on Instagram, just wanted to share this as I’m sure plenty of you will find it interesting.

Last edited:
Looks like a well put together event, thanks for sharing. What team were you apart of?
Kyle and I were on Black Warrior Expeditions. I didn't own my LC at the time so I was a copilot. Winning this event was what got me hooked on owning an LC. Kyle and I get together a good bit and ride when we can find the time. If I can ever make it to a club meeting and meet everyone, we will need to get together and ride.

Looks like a well put together event, thanks for sharing. What team were you apart of?

Black Warrior Expeditions. We did win the event, I was trying not to mention that in my OP and come across as humble bragging. And Steven is right, we need to get a ride together with some alabama guys. I know there’s a ride coming up at Chocolocco Mt in November, but my schedule is kinda iffy around that time

Black Warrior Expeditions. We did win the event, I was trying not to mention that in my OP and come across as humble bragging. And Steven is right, we need to get a ride together with some alabama guys. I know there’s a ride coming up at Chocolocco Mt in November, but my schedule is kinda iffy around that time
Haha no problem on the humble brag, congrats on the win! I don't think I'll be able to make the Chocco ride either (same day as Bama LSU game).

Day Ride 09/21/2019

@KrOswalt @ScubaSteve205 We've got a club ride on Saturday 9/21 planned to do the Talladega National Forest 600-1 and 600-2 trails (see link above). Y'all should join us and bring the wife or gf...should be fun.

Since I did nothing to contribute to the win, it only makes sense that I would brag about it. :)

Haha no problem on the humble brag, congrats on the win! I don't think I'll be able to make the Chocco ride either (same day as Bama LSU game).

Day Ride 09/21/2019

@KrOswalt @ScubaSteve205 We've got a club ride on Saturday 9/21 planned to do the Talladega National Forest 600-1 and 600-2 trails (see link above). Y'all should join us and bring the wife or gf...should be fun.
Wish I could make it. Ill be out of town on that weekend. My life is too busy for my own good...

Looks like a cool event. I'm not far from Uwharrie at all.

I grew up going to Uwharrie with much of the same group i go with now. Mostly Toyotas. It's kinda "home field" for me. I love it and go as often as i can!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom