Builds 2019 GXOR 460 HB build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What RTT do you have? Were you all warm enough in it?
I'm trying to convince my wife to snow camp with our iKamper RTT.
Actually, I don't think the problem is being warm enough in the tent, it's getting up in the morning and going out into the snow and take care of the morning business.

What RTT do you have? Were you all warm enough in it?
I'm trying to convince my wife to snow camp with our iKamper RTT.
Actually, I don't think the problem is being warm enough in the tent, it's getting up in the morning and going out into the snow and take care of the morning business.

CVT mt saint helens. it came with insulating sheets that you can hang all around the inside walls once the tent is up. Was chilly, but cozy with a good sleeping bag. be mindful of snow accumulation on the tent

Is the CBI stealth bumper able to be purchased? I thought that was a one-off deal with Lexus. Would be pretty nice to be able to get that

I like the blackout, e.g. all black trim!
Not sure how our CHP will like the blacked out tail lights and tinted headlamps... :meh:

So I came into Einstein’s Bagels here this morning in HB. Sitting here eating and a CHP approaches me “are you Mr Spade?” (License plate). I get nervous and say yes. He starts giving me all these compliments on my truck then telling me about his LX 470. Then he says I like everything except the tinted lights of course. Lol!!!

So I came into Einstein’s Bagels here this morning in HB. Sitting here eating and a CHP approaches me “are you Mr Spade?” (License plate). I get nervous and say yes. He starts giving me all these compliments on my truck then telling me about his LX 470. Then he says I like everything except the tinted lights of course. Lol!!!
At least he didn't make you take it off! :cheers:

Nice rig! We get up to the snow a lot so maybe I'll see you around Mammoth, Tahoe or elsewhere. I've been running the Wildpeaks for almost a year now and agree they are awesome. It isn't totally clear from your posts, whether you ever drove in the snow and ice in the GX with the stock tires. I did, and it sucked. The GX was garbage with the Michelins and after two code-brown experiences I did some quick research and landed on the Falkens for the same reason likely as you. First trip with the Wildpeaks last season it was a totally different experience, just like you describe. Drove to Tahoe, then Mammoth and back over the holidays this year, including up the east side from Mammoth to Tahoe in powder and just blew by all the plows and rare brave soul plodding along with chains but mostly just clear roads, snow and peace and quiet.

The Falkens also have been good around Anza Borrego and Mojave preserve, and other light/medium off road excursions, so happy with them! The rack and the rest of your setup look solid. Any issues with the dreaded KDSS lean since you did the lift?

Howdy! Great thread and great looking GX 👍

Do you have the new wheels and tires mounted yet? I will hopefully be doing a similar setup on my wifes 2013 and wanted to see how the larger tires and new wheels look.

Nice rig!

The Falkens also have been good around Anza Borrego and Mojave preserve, and other light/medium off road excursions, so happy with them! The rack and the rest of your setup look solid. Any issues with the dreaded KDSS lean since you did the lift?

thanks! Yes the falkens are fantastic. We’re on a snowboard trip in Utah hitting snowbird and solitude. Tires have been amazing. Even hit a bad snowstorm at night. Visibility sucked but tires did great. ive decided to remove the smoked lights after this trip, visibility was poor in that snow storm and the tint certainly didn’t help. That tint was a last second spur of the moment decision that I now regret, live and learn. I obviously want good functionality so that was a bit of a stupid mistake.

no lean issues so far with the dobinsons lift.

will update this thread in a week or so with the new wheels and larger tires.

82414355_10220422678459039_2181477042837520384_n.jpg

82540252_10220422678659044_4786795176569864192_n.jpg

Snow all gone?? Or just trying to keep her clean...
Have to admit, looks real good with all the black-out!👍

Snow all gone?? Or just trying to keep her clean...
Have to admit, looks real good with all the black-out!👍

snow is mostly gone so not much dirt up there right now. I’ve been going up about once a week to snowboard and usually need to wash the under carriage from all the salt. Yeah I like the look of the tinted lights but that will be coming off probably right before I install the bumpers likely by summer. Just too much of a safety issue. I may get the housing painted black to achieve the same look but without losing the brightness of the leds.

I hear a lot of people use Plasti-Dip for de-chroming. Simple, cheap, easy to use and easy to remove if/when you get tired of the look.

Just some cosmetic stuff. Had my friend make some custom made GXOR 3D printed badges, will have my local shop here put a protective coating on them to protect against any sun damage. next up CBI stealth bumper, rear bumper with carrier (not sure which yet), and baja designs light bars. Also plan to take my rig into goose gear to do a custom rear drawer install with the 3rd row removed. They are 10 min from me so that was convenient.

IMG_1829.jpg

Last edited:
I may have to get my 3d printer working again and make some for myself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom