Builds 2018 Premium 460 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I installed the Element fire extinguishers, I just didn't have space for a 5 lbs bottle. The Element is supposed to last longer than the 5 lbs bottle. Hopefully never need to find out!

One in the driver door pocket the other in the aft storage cubby by the rear door.
View attachment 2500967View attachment 2500968View attachment 2500969View attachment 2500971
Aren't they pretty expensive compared to bottles? If so, I could still justify the price for the smaller package. I have my bottle mounted on the drivers third row grab handle so I can get to it with through the driver second door or from the rear.
I may have to invest in a couple.

Aren't they pretty expensive compared to bottles? If so, I could still justify the price for the smaller package. I have my bottle mounted on the drivers third row grab handle so I can get to it with through the driver second door or from the rear.
I may have to invest in a couple.
Depending on where you find them, they are about $70 a pop. So yes more expensive; but lighter, smaller, last longer, and easier to manage. Hopefully an insurance policy you never need. The Element company did tell us to be leary about buying from Amazon as they are not a certified seller. This was at least as of a few months ago. We were able to buy a large lot of them directly from the company.

Have you used one before, I bought mine awhile back but I’m unsure how well it works I’m real life

it is a lot better than carrying around a large bottle, for sure and I like the specs

I have mine mounted on the Molle panel in the back, at camp the door is almost always open and makes a quick grab similar to yours

I do need something up front when I’m driving, did you screw the extinguisher mount into the door or just chuck it into the pocket

Screwed the mount to the door pocket.

Having our plans over the Thanksgiving long weekend canceled last minute I decided I’d spend some time in the garage and install rock lights. I really won’t go rock crawling at night and are more useful as camp lights.

Bent up some simple CRES steel .062” brackets, located fastener holes and light mounting holes. Used existing fastener holes.

These are inexpensive Wurton rock lights. Made in Tiawan and available on Amazon. I had a few sets sitting around from my Taco and ordered a third set.

They provide decent light down low and would be super useful if I had to perform maintenance at night.

Mall bling, perhaps but I like them.

Amazon product ASIN B00B3LJ19G
7EF6027F-C33D-4A17-A477-27A6156B1189.jpeg
27613D9B-02DB-43FB-A492-5E8BC9812F15.jpeg
4E5AA254-2D19-4003-A30C-88CC0FA08DCC.jpeg
16304320-4228-49FE-B560-9DA2987B8599.jpeg
994A2143-3940-482D-B680-81044F7A9FF5.jpeg

Probably also handy for when you drop that widget late at night and think it may have rolled under your vehicle!

I must be getting old! When a DIY fluids change on the GX is $320 bucks!

Went with the golden fluid for the T case, Toyota DOT 3 and gaskets from www.lexuspartsnow.com Ordered Amsoil 75-90 for the diffs SEVERE GEAR® 75W-90

I guess I know what I am doing the weekend of the 19th.

Last edited:
I received bad news Lexus Parts now, the Toyota transfer case gear oil is backordered and not available. The local Toyota dealership tried to sell me 75-90 @ 18.95 a quart.

Those of you that switched over to 75-90 how long have you been running it and have you have any adverse effects?

Hello from LexusPartsNow.com,

Thank you for ordering your part(s) with us.

To continue processing your order CL322154, your attention is required for the following issues.
Part No.​
Description​
Order
Qty.​
Status​
ETA* to Dealership​
08885-81080​
TRANSFER GEAR OIL LF​
0​
Backorder​
No ETA*​

Found Ravenol 75W supposed to be compatible, per Bluaparts. Has anyone used this?

TOYOTA 08885-81001, 08885-81081

Let's see some organized pictures when done!

I used TrekPak to organize my drawer and cut down rattling noises. This product is not inexpensive but is very good quality. I tried making the home made version but it doesn’t come out as nice. It has been on back order for months so if you can find it, buy it.

D7AEBCF8-4289-468E-8CB4-EBDF4FBE5166.jpeg
C012D08F-C3F3-4286-838E-50A01616F98D.jpeg

I still need to divide my pots and pan and have more on order.

FA1599E5-DE34-432B-95D0-33FAF4013F22.jpeg

Nice galley setup! Can you take a couple of photos zoomed out showing a little more of the entire kit?

I really like your build. This is one of the best threads on here, by far. I’m trying to do a few things similar, such as the Demello sliders (which I love), and the Ironman bumper.

I have the front of my ‘13 off and was working on installing the Ironman recovery points when I got to the throughbolt that hits the radiator. I went back and checked your post, which does mention this problem!

The power steering line that runs in front and at the bottom of the radiator needs to be rerouted and brackets modified, bolt orientation needs to swapped opposing directions due to thread contact on the radiator which has to be displaced.

My question: Do you remember how difficult the radiator “displacement” is? Is it enough to remove a couple of bolts and shimmy the radiator backwards, or does it need to be completely removed to get that bolt through?

Thanks for all the time documenting your work on here!

I really like your build. This is one of the best threads on here, by far. I’m trying to do a few things similar, such as the Demello sliders (which I love), and the Ironman bumper.

I have the front of my ‘13 off and was working on installing the Ironman recovery points when I got to the throughbolt that hits the radiator. I went back and checked your post, which does mention this problem!

My question: Do you remember how difficult the radiator “displacement” is? Is it enough to remove a couple of bolts and shimmy the radiator backwards, or does it need to be completely removed to get that bolt through?

Thanks for reading the thread.

The radiator can be tilted back, just remove the mounting bolts. No need to remove the hoses. Play around with bolt direction to insure no contact of radiator.

Yes, this has been the more helpful of the build threads, my build has followed with many of the same ideas and directions he’s taken.

Keep rocking OP

Nice galley setup! Can you take a couple of photos zoomed out showing a little more of the entire kit?

Completed my drawer TrekPak foam. No more contact rattle between the pots, pan and lids. Towels, pot holders and paper towels minimize noise.
031197B2-7CB4-4DEC-BCCB-0D3BD9E6386E.jpeg

With the door table down this is my morning breakfast set up, access to coffee items, snacks bars and fast meal items.

When cooking a full on meal I pull my table down from the roof rack, pull the Partner Steel stove out and whatever pans I need. Cooking on the table makes it easier to work and less of a chance of making the interior of the GX smell like dinner.

3D937C79-64F3-4B8E-B629-C1DF35F57AE6.jpeg
B9EAA9B9-E5F5-469F-B85C-320E7F5A7803.jpeg
B9EAA9B9-E5F5-469F-B85C-320E7F5A7803.jpeg

Last edited:
Ahh! Much better pic's! Great setup!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom