eBay 2016 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado TX Turbo Diesel?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not mine, and not sure if this is the correct category so please move if needed.

Trying to figure out how this one is "legally imported and legally licensed in Colorado",and why is it in Florida now?

2016 Prado TX Turbo Diesel

Maybe it came in with military brass. I don't know how else that could get plated in the U.S. Slee might know since they did some work. Cool truck.

If it were manual I would be calling the bank.

Last edited:
I'd love to know how this snuck in while DIESELGATE was keeping euro diesels locked up in the ports for most of the year.

Anyone have details?

"Engine warranty from factory Toyota expires Jan 2020"

Might be hard to get that honored by Toyota USA...! Cool truck though.

I am the owner of the diesel Prado.
Yes it was legally imported
Yes it is legal current Colorado title, plated
Warranty is Toyota USA now
Prado GX Land cruiser 150 is in Miami because we live here winters we drove it down from Colorado.

Wanted to give I h8mud and cruiser fanatics in USA a shot at it, as I was always wanting a OEM diesel and guys are always talking about them.
So here is your shot at one.

THANK YOU!!

I wish my budget would accommodate this truck right now.

GLWS

Prado GX Land cruiser 150 is in Miami because we live here winters we drove it down from Colorado.

Wanted to give I h8mud and cruiser fanatics in USA a shot at it, as I was always wanting a OEM diesel and guys are always talking about them.

So how does emissions work? There are a lot of potential pitfalls for people and you haven’t done a very thorough job of explaining how it got here, how it’s legal, how people can have confidence it’s not going to be impossible to title in their name, etc. Is a local Toyota dealer going to be able to work on it? Have you verified the warranty is good in the US? So many questions unanswered.

Thank you for responding. This is a dream vehicle for many of us. It's out of my budget for a overland vehicle, but I would appreciate any details on how you legally imported it.

We need details. Many listings show up ,cough cough LCAmerica, that turn out to be either scams, illegal trucks, or trucks for export. If this is 100% legal, thats great

We need details. Many listings show up ,cough cough LCAmerica, that turn out to be either scams, illegal trucks, or trucks for export. If this is 100% legal, thats great
82-page cautionary and interesting read.
Thanks for the call-back.

Sorry we are not importers, we don't know all the steps for you to import, also rules changed 3 times since we started. We had attorneys do most of it. Some of it was luck. Import cost over 20k and took about 6 months of down time that's why miles are low.

This is my personal car for sale. USA warranty on motor until Jan 2020, valid transferrable legal Colorado title.

Vehicle is in USA Miami now , to be exported
no games just plans changed and want to sell it.

If nobody has the cash I'm going to just send it on to our next destination.

This truck does not need to stay in USA from here we can export it anywhere .

There are lots of Land cruiser lovers short on vehicles all over the caribbean, and this truck has alot of hard to find parts on it and can be to most states or islands in a few days.

Please help us find a good home for it.

Wondering how you got this over here and legal and how much it was. I'd love to import a 105

Anyone interested in buying then Land cruiser diesel Prado we have here in usa now please contact me.

Sorry we are not importers, we don't know all the steps for you to import, also rules changed 3 times since we started. We had attorneys do most of it. Some of it was luck. Import cost over 20k and took about 6 months of down time that's why miles are low.

This is my personal car for sale. USA warranty on motor until Jan 2020, valid transferrable legal Colorado title.

Vehicle is in USA Miami now , to be exported
no games just plans changed and want to sell it.

If nobody has the cash I'm going to just send it on to our next destination.

This truck does not need to stay in USA from here we can export it anywhere .

There are lots of Land cruiser lovers short on vehicles all over the caribbean, and this truck has alot of hard to find parts on it and can be to most states or islands in a few days.

Please help us find a good home for it.

You should dump it in the Caribbean or South of the border markets.

I'd be interested at a HUGE discount off of $70,000. Just knowing that it could be an endless cat and mouse with EPA, DOT, DMV, and Insurance is a huge turn off. Selling it will be the next buyers headache as well.

What you're selling is just NOT attractive enough to justify the price you're asking. I can buy 2 2016 Gx460s for that money and never break a sweat walking into a DMV Office. The fact that you have a colorado title means nothing to someone living in California.

I think what he’s trying to say, is that no one knows how you legally did it. So it may not apply to them. For all we know, you are a diplomat, a Toyota executive, or someone else with enough pull in the right places, to get this done. Just because it’s titled in Colorado, doesn’t mean it’s automatically transferable to other states. The fact that you blow that off, is surprising. Why not title in FL if it’s in FL? Was it easier to get done in Colorado?

I think it’s priced close to where it should be. Just because it’s about the only example. So someone will pay it. As long as they fee they can reduplicate what you’ve done to skate past some regulations and get it titled and inspected.

I think what he’s trying to say, is that no one knows how you legally did it. So it may not apply to them. For all we know, you are a diplomat, a Toyota executive, or someone else with enough pull in the right places, to get this done. Just because it’s titled in Colorado, doesn’t mean it’s automatically transferable to other states. The fact that you blow that off, is surprising. Why not title in FL if it’s in FL? Was it easier to get done in Colorado?

I think it’s priced close to where it should be. Just because it’s about the only example. So someone will pay it. As long as they fee they can reduplicate what you’ve done to skate past some regulations and get it titled and inspected.

This is a really strange one to put a value/price on. I think the seller should remove personal information from the import approval and disclose it. Without that information it's impossible to know how much this is worth.

On a side note, as I have no idea what the actual status is of the above listed Prado:

It's really common for a guy to buy a dirt bike (off road only) and run the registration process through North Dakota to get plates for it. Sometimes these are sold as "street legal", but the next owner can't get plates for it legally in his state. He ends up with a dirt bike that he paid a big premium for. In Oregon where I live there are a lot of bikes that get by DMV for a Month or Year, but end up with an order mailed to the owners to surrender the plates at some point in time.

I don't know anything about this Prado, but I do know that I wouldn't take Colorado plates as being the end of the import process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom