Builds 2016 GX Overland Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
UPDATED to keep track of progress for build

I finally got around to installing my bumper, took me a few days.

The cut went well, im happy with the fit, it was alot more work than my 80 series arb

I used a dremel with a metal cutting wheel, small cuts, and a rotary sander with 120 grit to finish

1C6FC75D-3D00-4BB5-B659-506D9BD6B370.jpeg

D8A346DB-BEC7-4DC2-BD42-A35F07EB9CD5.jpeg

27081499-F640-467E-8880-A23DBD73068F.jpeg

4B5A77E7-2DEB-419A-BCE0-09F0193F83FB.jpeg

F7324329-036F-4640-9752-531CB66A4D63.jpeg

Last edited:
Yea, this bumper straight up sucks to install. Looks great!

Looks really good! I wish I could have kept my headlight washers with my MetalTech front bumper, but being a 2013, they had to go... :(

I have one on it’s way. Any lessons learned to help out someone bolting one on? I guess measure twice, cut once always applies.

Yes, take your time with the cuts as you be doing multiple trims. The provided stencil is for a Prado so it only gets you started, you have to cut and fit along the way. You'll need an extra set of hands or if you don't have someone there capable of lifting it with you I suggest a motor hoist or a table stacked to the proper height.

You'll either need to reroute the hard lines or encase in them in rubber to keep them from rubbing, you'll see what I mean when you go to start the brackets. Beware that the instructions don't tell you what goes where or which hardware to use so it'll be up to you to figure out the puzzle lol. You will likely hate the thing by the time that you get done but it'll be worth it in the end. Best of luck and be sure to post pics when you're done.

I used a shop hoist and ratchet straps to align the bumper and level it. This helped quite a bit.

the dremel with a metal cutting wheel and sander after is the way to go IMHO

i made my first initial cut with a wide margin, level with the driving lights, mounted the bumper plastic back to the truck and with the bumper on the shop hoist gently pushed the ironman into the plastic bumper, loosley bolted the bumper to the winch mount and marked with a thin tip sharpie the exact line I wanted to cut.

moved the Ironman out of my way, and made the cut on the plastic.

i test fit everything again, made some adjustments with the sander and called it a day. I left a 1/4 inch gap between the bumper and plastic for flex.

the template is garbage, you have to wing it

you have to modify the power steering cooler brackets

there is very little gap between the Bolt on filler plates and the bottom of the power steering lines, I decided to trim my plates to allow movement

the outside hop is where the plastic bumper needs to be trimmed above the bumper level, the grill and front most portion can be cut below the bumper line

it’s a bit of a high stakes adventure, have fun

Looks great..what a job eh ?

I paid my highly skilled mechanic buddy to do my '11 460....

Took him all of one day....

Tires next for you ?

P7Uwdlt.jpg
Looks fantastic

yes Radflo 2.5s, icon uppers, and icon rims on order, body mount chop is schedualed, warn winch in the garage

going to run 285/75/17 tires, I can’t wait

Another 460 with the Ironman front bumper spotted this weekend in Dallas. Is this anyone here?

su53M4x.jpg

That’s a clean cut on that one too, I do still prefer the arb but the ironman is really growing on me, it’s easy to modify, and it does look good

That’s a clean cut on that one too, I do still prefer the arb but the ironman is really growing on me, it’s easy to modify, and it does look good

I did too at first, but as I dug deeper I realized that the Ironman was the better option overall. For starters the look is extremely similar and nearly a wash just slightly favoring the ARB. The ARB is extremely difficult to get your hands on here in the states and back in the spring they sold out and there weren't any on this side of the world. I'm not sure if that's still the case, you'd have to get with the ARB Americas warehouse in Florida and find out. The ARB is $1880 and the fog light kit with covers is another $148 and freight was nearly $200 making the bumper over $2200 to your door with fog lights.

The Ironman is an amazing value in comparison. With the Ironman you get fogs included (most of us upgrade them) and you can get it shipped to your house for under $1200 if you shop it right (shipping is free). At this moment they are also tossing in a free set of 7" LED lights with purchase. But IMHO, the best reason to choose the Ironman is for their winch cradle design. The winch rides in a cradle separate from the bumper itself, this helps to keep the weight further back of the front end and it is more secure straddled between the frame rails back of the bumper.

I did too at first, but as I dug deeper I realized that the Ironman was the better option overall. For starters the look is extremely similar and nearly a wash just slightly favoring the ARB. The ARB is extremely difficult to get your hands on here in the states and back in the spring they sold out and there weren't any on this side of the world. I'm not sure if that's still the case, you'd have to get with the ARB Americas warehouse in Florida and find out. The ARB is $1880 and the fog light kit with covers is another $148 and freight was nearly $200 making the bumper over $2200 to your door with fog lights.

The Ironman is an amazing value in comparison. With the Ironman you get fogs included (most of us upgrade them) and you can get it shipped to your house for under $1200 if you shop it right (shipping is free). At this moment they are also tossing in a free set of 7" LED lights with purchase. But IMHO, the best reason to choose the Ironman is for their winch cradle design. The winch rides in a cradle separate from the bumper itself, this helps to keep the weight further back of the front end and it is more secure straddled between the frame rails back of the bumper.
I agree, it is growing on me. The $1200 at my door is why I bought it, I can’t beat the price, it is exactly what I needed, and It is freaking solid on the truck.

im an arb fanboy at this point and simply prefer it for the name.

I may or may not have gotten my Premium for at or near that price lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom