KDSS Lean Eliminator Experiences (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, I've tried the search feature to see if anyone has used the KDSS Lean eliminator on their GX470. I don't have a FB so I can't ask this question in GXOR. I'm hoping I'll have some luck here. It's been out for the 470 for awhile so I wanted to know what everyone's experience with the eliminator has been so far.

I have it installed -- that kit is marketed to address two problems -- lean and contact. I purchased it for the rear -- it prevents the trackbar from contacting the left kdss/sway bar mount. I also didn't want the kdss shock to be over extended from full droop in the left rear corner when using MT control arms (now it's limited by the fcp shock -- cheaper fix if necessary). Fixed both kdss issues for me. I didn't install the front piece. It pushed the front sway down far enough to lightly contact my rci skid while flexing. I could have trimmed the skid, but didn't bother. I did have slight lean, about 3/4 inch to the right. I believe the kit is more for folks with more common lean to the left, and more than 3/4". I just adjusted my rt fcp shock to even it out, seems to be fine now. And I think they mentioned it had only been tested for lifted vehicles, not stock lean. My kdss was leaning before my lift, and leaning the same amount after my lift -- I fixed it w/ slight adjustment to the shock. I wanted the kit to help w/ the situation in the rear, and it works awesome for me -- excellent fit, includes the needed extended bolts, shipped fast, no regrets. I think others on FB who have used it have reported success. I haven't seen any complaints. Anyone with kdss and modified rear lower links would benefit from this kit.

I have it installed -- that kit is marketed to address two problems -- lean and contact. I purchased it for the rear -- it prevents the trackbar from contacting the left kdss/sway bar mount. I also didn't want the kdss shock to be over extended from full droop in the left rear corner when using MT control arms (now it's limited by the fcp shock -- cheaper fix if necessary). Fixed both kdss issues for me. I didn't install the front piece. It pushed the front sway down far enough to lightly contact my rci skid while flexing. I could have trimmed the skid, but didn't bother. I did have slight lean, about 3/4 inch to the right. I believe the kit is more for folks with more common lean to the left, and more than 3/4". I just adjusted my rt fcp shock to even it out, seems to be fine now. And I think they mentioned it had only been tested for lifted vehicles, not stock lean. My kdss was leaning before my lift, and leaning the same amount after my lift -- I fixed it w/ slight adjustment to the shock. I wanted the kit to help w/ the situation in the rear, and it works awesome for me -- excellent fit, includes the needed extended bolts, shipped fast, no regrets. I think others on FB who have used it have reported success. I haven't seen any complaints. Anyone with kdss and modified rear lower links would benefit from this kit.

I also have the FCPs on my 460 and the KDSS kit just came out for our model. Thanks for the input! Any noticeable difference in handling after installing the kit? extra sway/roll when during daily driving on and off-road?

i have it on my 470. I removed my rear sway bar because it fixed kdss arm limited my lift and gave me a lean. With the spacer, the fixed arm extends further and with my swar bar installed, it feels great. I installed the front as well. i had to trim my RCi skid because it was contacting during droop.

If you still have the stock skid plate like I do, be prepared to clearance it some on the passenger side.
The sway bar (with the lean eliminator kit installed) will prevent the skid from fitting correctly.

If you still have the stock skid plate like I do, be prepared to clearance it some on the passenger side.
The sway bar (with the lean eliminator kit installed) will prevent the skid from fitting correctly.
Thanks for the heads up. I’m hoping this won’t be an issue for the 460.

Jesus, $250 for 3 pieces of aluminum....

Jesus, $250 for 3 pieces of aluminum....

And the engineering and production required to make it happen. You should price out high quality aluminum on McMaster Carr. It's gotten out of control.

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 9.40.06 AM.png

So I’ve added a 2” lift on my 2004 GX470 and new have a 2@ lean to the left. The kit are not currently available. If you still have that front piece can I Venmo or cash app you for it?

Bumping this as my 2017 is leaning to the passenger side in the rear probably 2" when parked. The board method looks interesting. Are you lift the axle on the currently high or low side? My Australian isn't great

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom