2011 Tech Day & Annual Meeting & Foodfest (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can I get some help greasing the knuckles, yokes, and u-joints? I don't have a grease gun, but I can buy the grease if no one else will have some.

I will bring two grease guns, one with Valvoline Crimson (ujoints) and the other with Valvoline Palladium (knuckles/birfs). I may have a tub of Mobil 1 synthetic laying around as well.

I picked up 20 quarts of Mobil 1 synthetic ATF and would like to do a Rodney flush on the tranny as it is a two man job.

FYI, Advance Auto Parts has a web coupon for $40 off a $100 order. You can pick your order up at the store or they offer free shipping. The promo code is "BIG40". That is what I used for the 20 quarts of ATF.

This is gonna be awesome with all the actual work going on. Im stoked

Going to get flamed for this but, what the hell.

Since the HCs normally plan the wheeling weekends and/or trips at tech day, has anyone thought of or been interested in a trip to the KOH or Baja 1000? Thinking for 2012 or the Baja 2011 if possible?

I know that has been talk about doing more trips. I know I have only been around for a short time the atmosphere seems to have changed that now everyone looks forward to the camping rather than wheeling but thats just me. Baja and KOH would probably be perfect places to go and not have to worry about restrictions and breaking any campground rules as well.

I tend to watch Dust to Glory every now and then and it got me wondering....

Ok, I'm updating my "brung" list. My wife made a badass White Chicken Chili this weekend. I'm gonna share. Should serve around 10. I'm still bringing bacon though. I like bacon. I'll bring a few more bowls, spoons and I'll up the ante with some cheese and sour cream.

I'm currently being coerced into another run to Cruise Moab. If anyone is interested, it is the best time ever for 4 wheeling, camping, wrenching (I'm too green to offer my services in the light of most of those guys), and general comraderie. So, I'm bringing my 100 to the tech meeting with the hope that I might get some pointers as to what to address should I decide to take her out there instead of the FJC.

Last edited:
Who has the club stickers and will they be at the meeting/tech day?

Hey guys are any of your Cruiserhead significant others coming to the work day. My wife would like to come but she knows how some of these things are guy’s day out and does not want to be the only female there. This is my first time being able to make it to an event and I don’t know how these things go. Thanks Dave

Uh, how does your wife handle toilet humor, firearms, and general grabassing?

She shouldn't be the only chick there. Mrs. Bill is usually there, Vicki is a cool chick. Mrs. Carl is there sometimes, but not all.

She's more than welcome, if she can handle it!!!

Well if you mean can she hang with the boys, then you better watch yourself she can dish it right back . I also have been spending more money on her guns than mine lately. She is the one that got me addicted to land cruisers, not that she may like that any more. She is a Foresty major and has won titles like lumberJill of the year. As for the grabassing you may go home with a slight limp or a black eye from her.

Sounds good thanks

She sounds like she will fit in just fine. Contrary to what you may have been lead to belive here by all the BS we can behave like adults from time to time for short amounts of time. Besides its usually best for the better halfs to meet us during the day and sober, it can be quite the shock for them to meet us in the dark around a campfire after some adult beverages have been shared, we can be very shocking to first timers under those situations. So bring her along, we will behave.

Mark

As for the grabassing you may go home with a slight limp or a black eye from her.

I doubt we're talking about the same grabassing,,,,,,, or perhaps we are...:D

....we will behave.

11118352.jpg

Isn't that kid a politician now?

Hey guys are any of your Cruiserhead significant others coming to the work day.

Vicky will be there with me, she hasn't missed a meeting or wheelin' event that I have been to.

A sense of humor is pretty much the only requirment.

Ok we are here at Carl's it's just about 9 am
Mrs x

Well, I just discovered that my 11 year old son doesn't know that when I say, "Put this bacon in the fridge." I don't mean the freezer. Bacon may be a no show but chili is going well.

found magic machine in kitchen. Wife says it can "defrost" frozen things...I'm watching is closely.

ETA...30 minutes? Bacon on Board.

Crap.....Got on here for the first time since moving and see the tech day was today. That sucks, especially since I need to change my valve cover gasket that I've had sitting around for months and this would of been the perfect time for it. Oh well. BTW - I moved to West Lafayette over the holidays to avoid having to drive the Cruiser 1h15m each way to work and back. That racks up the miles and $$$ for gas fast. But i'm much closer to the badlands now (<30 min) and I have most weekends off, so I'll try to make it out to more events this year. Iguess I just have to remember to check the site...

Bummer sir. Would have been good to see ya. As of yesterday the schedule is set for the year. Just keep checking the sticky area and it should be posted soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom