2011 Tech Day & Annual Meeting & Foodfest (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does anyone have an upper rear hatch door that would fit a 1991 fj80 with no rust or dents. I am looking for a tan door but could take any color for the right price. If someone has one, please send me pics and a price. Figured we could make an exchange at the tech day if your coming. Thanks

Is it the same as a 94?

PM Ron, he is parting one out, (black, I think)

I think they used the same upper rear hatch door till about 1997. Thanks

I am going to come on down and meet y'all for this. I do not really have any tech to do, but I could probably find something to do. I could use new u-joints. Maybe I will order up a set from Cdan. Would be nice (and anal) to replace all of the soft brake lines too.

I have a bunch of tools I can bring if needed.

What time are y'all starting? I can bring food too, just let me know. So firearms, eh? I can bring some of those too.

See you then.
Robert

Usually starts around 9:00am or so.

I think tools are covered

Hey Robert. Looks like you have been around a few cruisers. Being an 80 owner myself I look forward to seeing yours and meeting up. As far as food goes just post up what you would like to bring and I am sure it will be eaten. Breakfast eats are good too. My wife is good at deserts so I will bring brownies and cookies, etc. Someone needs to bring plates, etc. AJ is bringing chilli. Might be best if people could post/repost what they are bringing so we can make sure we have it together here. That way I don't have to look through 4 pages of posts. Should be a fun day.

Hey Robert. Looks like you have been around a few cruisers. Being an 80 owner myself I look forward to seeing yours and meeting up. As far as food goes just post up what you would like to bring and I am sure it will be eaten. Breakfast eats are good too. My wife is good at deserts so I will bring brownies and cookies, etc. Someone needs to bring plates, etc. AJ is bringing chilli. Might be best if people could post/repost what they are bringing so we can make sure we have it together here. That way I don't have to look through 4 pages of posts. Should be a fun day.

Thanks for the welcome. I will be coming solo and leaving the boys with the wife. So my food contribution will be store-bought (easy). I could bring drinks (adult or non), sides, etc.

I just placed an order with Cdan for 4 new u-joints, both O2 sensors, and all new brake soft lines. If we can get at it all, great; if not, no problem. I don't want to be the new guy who shows up with a s***pot to do on his first Hoosier Cruiser event.

Look forward to meeting y'all.

Robert

I don't want to be the new guy who shows up with a s***pot to do.....

Don't sweat that brother, we're happy to have somthing to wrench on, since we're all Toyota owners!!!:D

Look forward to meeting y'all.

I'd retract that statement until after the tech session, you may run screaming for the hills after the first ten minutes. Especially after you meet Tony!:grinpimp:

Don't sweat that brother, we're happy to have somthing to wrench on, since we're all Toyota owners!!!:D

I'd retract that statement until after the tech session, you may run screaming for the hills after the first ten minutes. Especially after you meet Tony!:grinpimp:

Ehh...just dont look it in the eye and dont feed it...it bites.

Ehh...just dont look it in the eye and dont feed it...it bites.

dont get it wet or feed it after midnight either

this is what happens when you give it rum. The thow fire arms in the mix and you'll have this on your hands. Makes for great fun around a campfire though
Tony at the bar.jpg
Tony with a gun.jpg

Last edited:
Someone gave me a great suggestion once with regard to shooting in a yard. Bring a big tarp to stand on so you can collect all the brass. Any reloaders in the group? I could use .45, .44 mag, and .223. I'll try to remember to bring a tarp.

Oh, and I was kidding about the brocolli unless you guys really do want some...

Last edited:
I reload, but haven't in a while (kids). I load 44 mag, 243, and 308. I had a s***pot of 5.56, but sold my AR and gave the brass to a buddy.

I had beans for lunch yesterday and will reload at dinner tonight.

After talking to Ron, I plan to stop by after 1PM once I'm out of the lab at work. I bought a 94 w/lockers last week as a daily. Can I get some help greasing the knuckles, yokes, and u-joints? I don't have a grease gun, but I can buy the grease if no one else will have some.

I'm doing a fluid baseline to Amsoil as weather permits since it's parked outside. I managed an oil change last Monday when it was warm out. I have a 93 MR2 Turbo inside the garage doing a winter build.

Brent

Thinking about coming down, wouldn't get there till around 1:00 (stupid ass hillfolk with your fancy Eastern time zone) most likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom