2010 Overland Expo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WOW!!!! Those were some awesome "toys"...

excellent writeup....I am drooling at the possibilities

Thanks. Great pictures. Just for the record, the Fuso/Canter is an FG not an FE. The FE is 2wd, the FG 4wd.

sorry man, i know better....blame it on jet lag.... fixed

Filling in some blanks......
#2 - Dodge Cummins based Camper, built onto the chassis (not a slide in truck camper) Cost was about 75k plus truck.
attachment.php

Looks like Marc's XP Camper Heck of a nice guy, and a danged good cook too!

#1 - Custom Camper built on a Deuce, for sale at $150k
attachment.php

Owned by the owner of or somehow connected with Unique Metal Products aka UMP.
Unique Metal Products (UMP) Home Page

#3 - NAS FJ60 converted to Diesel with a 3.0L Powerstroke motor from a Ford Ranger in Brazil. The motor was purchased directly from the factory and installed by TLC. The transmission is HF55 with a custom adapter plate and the factory transfer case that came with that transmission. The truck was completely rebuilt and restore and was in excellent condition.
attachment.php

Desert Rose's FJ60:
It's done! 3.0-liter turbo-diesel FJ60 from TLC - Expedition Portal Forum

#3 - Pretty unusual four door (without rear doors) Ford Ranger with a flip top tent. I dont remember where it was from.
attachment.php

There's a build on POoR somewhere, as well as on Expo.
Safari Pacific - Latest News

#1 - 2 - Super cool Australian dude who lives in OH, imported this 70 series into America from Oz and proceeded to swap in a 1HZ motor into it. He builds and sells the trailers that are in the back ground of the first pic with a tent on top and the beds that are attached to the truck. They sell for up to 30k depending on options.

The rear is a tray back, so all of the Rubbermaid type boxes are left exposed. They are however locked to the bed and they are on heavy duty slide outs. There are air, water and fuel tanks under the tray and connections for water, gas and power around it. The RTT is a Maggiolina, one of the best.
attachment.php

Looks like Campa:
CAMPA USA | All Terrain Trailer and Expedition Vehicle System | Camping Trailers

#3 - Euro Spec Diesel 110 with fixed high top roof conversion.
attachment.php

I *think* that might be a Dormobile.
Dormobile

video I found on expo, i didnt make the video, but i will take the wife, she's cute :flipoff2:

YouTube - saddlebackLeather's Channel

also found out the tan 60 with the 3L international diesel belongs to the lady who organised the event and her boyfriend/husband is an editor for overland journal. The event will be in the same place next year and they are already looking at changes and suggestions and ideas for that event.

I'll have sweet dreams tonight after looking at all that cool stuff!!!

i dont have a problem with someone else doing it, they are all hosted here.

thanks

jon

We pulled the trailer out and stayed at the Kenyon Ranch during the event.

On the way out:
068_crop.jpg

Roseann (DesertRose) Hanson (organizer) and Jay's kid (I think):
885_crop.jpg

Roseann's helper (forgot her name) stroking my dog's ear; dog is on my wife's lap (as usual):
892.jpg

Martyn & Mario from Adventure Trailers:
804.jpg

Graham Jackson and Roseann on the truck, Scott & Stephanie Brady, and I don't know the guy in flip-flops:
622.jpg

awesome pics, man. i spent two days driving out there with my friend only to have to fly home friday for a family emergency. there's always next year.

i did get to talk to the cool australian dude and crawled all over his truck. the engine he swapped in there is actually a 1hd fte. it's a much cooler engine.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom