200's in Ouray (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

619TOY

SILVER Star
Threads
Eric (sdnative) and I had the opportunity to participate in a once in a lifetime trip in Ouray this weekend. Yeah, yeah, I know this is SoCal 80's, but don't think I showed up without representing:D It was a marathon trip for Tammy, the dogs and me, but it was soooooo worth the lack of sleep for us. We left Thursday evening, spent the night in Zion, hit up Bryce and landed in Ouray around 6:00PM Friday. We got totally hooked up by Slee with dinner, beer and swag bags, Yay Slee, thank you guys so much!! We wheeled Black Bear, Imogene and Poughkeepsie and then headed home Yesterday morning about 4:30. We cruised through Sedona and we finally got home at about 8:00PM, whew!!!

"Official 200's in Ouray Event: Labor Day Weekend 2015"

Kreiten's photos from Ouray...

Last edited:
Very sweet trip! Whirlwind tour - absolutely, but you hit some killer spots to/from! Looks like you had a Taco and an 80 in the group too!

Love those stickers in the back windows!!!

Last edited:
Like Steve said, this was a once in a lifetime opportunity. I had never been to Ouray (or CO for that matter) so this was a special treat. Wife, kids and I left a day early and spent the first night in Utah. Woke up late Friday, forgot about the time difference and coupled with the extra time required to get a family moving, we ended up missing the banquet that night (but thank you Steve for saving us a few plates, wow that food was good).

Trip home turned into a 19 hr ordeal with the Labor Day traffic going into Phoenix. Had to take a couple hour detour through Prescott. Bright side was we were treated to the best lightning show I can remember coming down from the mountain.

This was a trip that will not be forgotten any time soon.

Here are some pics.

Utah:

DSC_7727.jpg

DSC_7728.jpg

DSC_7729.jpg

DSC_7730.jpg

DSC_7733.jpg

DSC_7735.jpg

DSC_7738.jpg

DSC_7740.jpg

DSC_7742.jpg

DSC_7745.jpg

DSC_7749.jpg

DSC_7753.jpg

DSC_7755.jpg

DSC_7762.jpg

DSC_7766.jpg

DSC_7775.jpg

DSC_7785.jpg

awesome pictures!

Awesome trip! Every chance I get (Long weekends and holidays) I hit the road, and I most always end up Utah. In fact, Earlier this year I woke up on a Monday, drove all the way to Bryce that night (with a stop in Valley of Fire to photograph the firewave, and then a stop in Zion to cool off in the river), woke up the next morning and drove all the way to Great Basin NP (with stops in capitol reef, calf creek, boulder, and tons of little lakes) and then drove back home through Las Vegas Wednesday morning. I love the open road! Highway 12 is perhaps my most favorite highway in the US, and I see something new every time I go through there. Point being, I am excited you got to do this trip and see some new things. Our is beautiful, I went to the Ice Climbing Festival there in 2010, and I have been really wanting to go back during a different season. Your photos are beautiful!

Oh, and it looks like You can get a 200 series in any color, just as long as it is charcoal :flipoff2:

Awesome pics Eric!! Mine aren't even in the computer yet:doh:

Oh, and it looks like You can get a 200 series in any color, just as long as it is charcoal :flipoff2:

No, they come in other colors too, charcoal is just the best one:cool:

Im messing with you, it just seemed like all the 200's were in charcoal! I should state that I only buy white vehicles, so I really don't have room to talk...

No, they come in other colors too, charcoal is just the best one:cool:[/QUOTE]

I ran that same trail out of telluride this summer. It was AMAZING views and scenery. My 100 did far better in bone stock form than I had hoped. I can't wait to run it again fully built and ready for camping.

Last edited:
Awesome pics! I see that you were in the same group as my buddy Steen from Atlanta (Georgia Plates). He was just telling me today how awesome this trip was!

I have got to get out there as well. I usually drive through CO on I-70 and hope to actually get off that path at some point. My 80 is in Vegas now so I just might have to make that detour whenever I decide to start driving the 80 back to Atlanta.

Smitty

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom