2009 LX570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hah, we traded colors. My LX470 was white. With proper 305 ground pounders as well.
405055d1488336509-proper-305s-on-the-lx570-dsc_0074.jpg
Is the AHC stil active on your LX470? Any problems with 305 on stock 18” rims? Looks really good!

Is the AHC stil active on your LX470? Any problems with 305 on stock 18” rims? Looks really good!

May want to message him, he sold his 470 a while ago actually and now owns a 570.

Hi 92LXAZ,

How much did you pay for the exhaust? Is there a website you purchased it from?

It's just a Magnaflow muffler, 14". Local shop installed so that was about $240 maybe? Not sure how much just the muffler would be. Shop said it's what they put on most Tundra's.

It's just a Magnaflow muffler, 14". Local shop installed so that was about $240 maybe? Not sure how much just the muffler would be. Shop said it's what they put on most Tundra's.
Oem Muffler cut and then new rewelded or clamped on?

Hi OEMGUY0720. Yup, I've sold my LX470 but it's still in the family with my brother. 305/60r18s Nitto Terra Grapplers are what I had on her. It's a great size for the LX470, but the particular size is not available in many tire brands. Absolutely would recommend that tire in that size for that car. There's the tinniest bit of rub at full steering lock, but I've had it like that over 8 years including my brothers ownership and it's a non-issue. I have 305s on my LX570 too and it rubs a bit more (but it's also a taller tire).

Absolutely kept AHC. It's literally the best part of the LX line of vehicles. I would honestly be disappointed with a "static" suspension on the cruisers. I have towed, off-roaded, long road trips... again the system is immensely capable. Capable of plush controlled rides towing very heavy, or getting up on stilts for obstacle clearing, of lowering to ease loading or hitching up. It would be shortsighted IMO to remove AHC. Aftermarket suspensions can do better at any one thing, but doesn't hold a candle to the everything that AHC can do with legitamate competency.

Thanks @TeCKis300 . I’ve narrowed it down to just two sizes: 305s or 275. How was the truck’s acceleration/fuel consumption on 305s?

Mileage update

20190831_190754.jpg

Mileage update. Just driving away. Most time, effort, small fundage going to son's 4Runner and my 470. Not much else to do anyway as it's wife's DD and our road trip king. Hit this yesterday...

20200125_181527 (1).jpg

Another boring mileage update. Really haven't kept this updated, but haven't done much of anything to it anyway. Added a Rotopax mount and went to San Juan's is about all over the summer, which some have seen already. In my past 'build' threads I added the trip report info but has a separate thread here for our Colorado trip.

IMG_2240.jpg

Mileage turnover on 11/5. Just a baby.

20201105_235515.jpg

Well something to add. Forced to get new tires after wife caught a screwdriver to the sidewall of the Wildpeaks. Went to LC 18s and Cooper XLT AT3. 305/65

Mileage ~ 186k now.

Next big purchase plan is to get sliders. Selling the 470 as with this one it's all we road and offroad with.

4B5D3657-4BDE-4488-BD6D-44E38253B033_1_201_a.jpeg

Mileage check 193k. Not traveling much, relegated to wife driving a mile back and forth to work. Probably up for sale.

Still love it, it's my wife's driver and was our travel rig. Boys are older, 21 and 16, so don't take that family road trip anymore. When we do drive anywhere it's in something else. My wife works part-time and it's literally 3 miles round trip. She drives to do her shopping and to serve school lunches, but that's it. It's not essential we sell, she kind of wants something different. 94-96 Bronco believe it or not. We'll see, not essential we sell, just phases of life.

Sometimes it's just fun to have something different.
Had a few Broncos myself. Last was a 96 Eddie Bauer 6“ lift on 35s. Ex took it too fast around a corner and bumped it over the curb. Bent the unboxed frame. Lost my taste for them.
351 Windsor engine and being able to take the back off is nice though.

Yep, kind of reached that point. Funny you've had what we're looking for. What are the odds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom