2009 LX570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Really liking those snow pics! She's like a white rabbit in snow.

How's the tires working out for you?

Got anymore pics of that rear carrier? I assume it swings out also?

Thanks! Tires are great so far, such a good option for the price point. Handled the trip and conditions wonderfully. I just may get a set for my 80. Strangely enough I don't have any good pics of the carrier. It actually pivots down. It's basically this one just slightly older. But both lift gate and end gate are able to open without moving the carrier which was a nice surprise. Luckily found it on CL locally for half that price. Doesn't hold as much as the roof top we had but more convenient and of course less drag. Cross winds were 60+ mph going through Wyoming on the way back, worst I've experienced in 20+ years of making that drive, was bad enough without something on the roof.

20181222_223615.jpg

20181226_171358.jpg

After AHC lift wanted to put in spacers in the rear. Installed 30mm spacers today. Grabbed these Dobinson's off of Amazon. Haven't looked at pressure readings yet, just happy to get something done in a small window of free time. Removed sway bar link and sway bar bracket, also lower shock. Still needed spring compressors for passenger side. Driver side sagged enough so didn't need compressors.

View attachment 1823108

The internal diameter in these does not fit over the stock bump stop. Did you put them between the body and the bump stop? Thanks
45813814505_b4f2c4726b_b.jpg

Last edited:
The internal diameter in these does not fit over the stock bump stop Did you put them between the body and the bump stop? Thanks

I removed the bump stops. Later on I thought maybe put the bump stops through the spacer then install. Haven't had time to check that out.

I removed the bump stops. Later on I thought maybe put the bump stops through the spacer then install. Haven't had time to check that out.

Thanks. Left it alone for now as would like to retain them. Was able to get the passenger side spring off with just the spring compressor alone which was nice so didn’t take much time.

Thanks. Left it alone for now as would like to retain them. Was able to get the passenger side spring off with just the spring compressor alone which was nice so didn’t take much time.

Sorry didn't see your pic on my phone when I looked at your post, that's what I was referring to and was going to try. Might have to look at aftermarket bump stops I guess.

Just updating a couple things. Got this little guy a couple of months ago instead of going with something more complex. Works very well.

Also oil change today. First one for me on a 200 series. Wow what a process. Oh well done for another 10k miles. Did upgrade the housing as well.

Can you post an exhaust clip? Does it drone? Is it like an AMG sound, or more of a f-150 sound? I'm thinking of doing it but want to retain the quiet luxury ride... Just want it to sound more like my G-Wagon did. Aggressive but not annoying. How hard was it to change the LED lights in the mirrors and running boards? Bulb size?

@HGB I've tried several times to get an exhaust clip. It's hard to get a true sound and doesn't sound anything like it is on the videos. I don't know what an AMG/G-Wagon or F150 sound like with exhaust, it sounds like a 5.7 with exhaust...try Googling Tundra with Magnaflow, same engine. I have a 14" with resonator removed. It's pretty aggressive and at first thought it was too much, but like it now as it sounds tough, nothing like you'd expect out of a Lexus. Fairly loud in the low RPMs but just barely heard once at cruising speed.

Running boards are cake, just get under there and twist the connector out. Mirrors were pretty intimidating, just have to rip them off as they have glue helping hold them on. After that easy. Here are the bulbs needed.

@HGB I've tried several times to get an exhaust clip. It's hard to get a true sound and doesn't sound anything like it is on the videos. I don't know what an AMG/G-Wagon or F150 sound like with exhaust, it sounds like a 5.7 with exhaust...try Googling Tundra with Magnaflow, same engine. I have a 14" with resonator removed. It's pretty aggressive and at first thought it was too much, but like it now as it sounds tough, nothing like you'd expect out of a Lexus. Fairly loud in the low RPMs but just barely heard once at cruising speed.

Running boards are cake, just get under there and twist the connector out. Mirrors were pretty intimidating, just have to rip them off as they have glue helping hold them on. After that easy. Here are the bulbs needed.

Thank you, 92!

Will order up those leds and swap them out. Big upgrade to modernize the exterior.

Does the exhaust sound anything like this?

If so... doing it YESTERDAY.

@HGB No nothing like that. That sounds straight piped to me and IMO way too much. I'll try again to get a decent video.

@HGB Found this clip. This is my exact setup. 14" Magnaflow, no resonator.

Can you link which 14" magnaflow you have? I'm thinking about doing the same. Thanks!

I don't have a link or part number. Had a local muffler shop here put it in.

Just did full AHC flush @ 140,556 miles. Didn't see any record of it being done. Drained reservoir and added new fluid. Drained all 5 locations restarting each time to suck in new fluid until only pink drained out. Below is how much I got out of the system. Ride is significantly better.

20190511_183954.jpg

^It's an awesome thing.

Suspensions and suspension fluids start degrading from day one. What other system is there that can go the distance of 100k++ miles, AND be refreshed onboard.

^It's an awesome thing.

Suspensions and suspension fluids start degrading from day one. What other system is there that can go the distance of 100k++ miles, AND be refreshed onboard.

You're not kidding. So many of the 470 crowd delete it even when not bad, to each there own I guess, but such an amazing engineering/design feat to yank it out. Glad I'm in another 470.

Anyway feels like a new rig and wish I would have done it sooner. So rewarding doing something with such an immediate positive result.

Finally got my Witsend fridge cable hardwired. Had it in my 100 and we were heading to Flag today for my older sons 7 on 7 football tourney so wanted it done. Not easy and I got pretty lucked shoving it through the driver side grommet. Stabbed a new hole with a screw driver, wrapped the end in teflon tape and happened to get it through enough. Didn't have time to get it all the way to the back but still able to get it under the step plates, exiting right before the 3rd row seat. Glad to have it done.

Also got the trailer wiring harness hooked up.

20190607_185829.jpg

20190607_185909.jpg

20190607_192213.jpg

20190608_214514.jpg

20190608_215203.jpg

Reactions: HGB
I haven't really done a trip report in my 570 thread. It was a thing to do in my 80 and 470 build threads so I'll get back on it here. Every year we go to Sandy, UT for a team camp for the high school boys basketball team I coach for. Just under 1400 miles round trip. In the past we've continued to my parents farm in N.D. making it closer to 3200 miles but we just did that at Christmas time. This was the first year with the 570 going to Utah. Of course performed flawlessly. On the way back we ran through Zion National Park. Wow.

Overall average mpg was 15.75 with a best tank of 17.38 mpg.

Only pic of the rig on the trip, beginning of the week in Sandy. Just too busy sometimes to think of it. Especially in Zion with so much to see.

20190624_205323.jpg

20190630_104345.jpg

20190630_105749.jpg

20190630_110147.jpg

20190630_111300.jpg

Last edited:
The mile long tunnel is impressive and amazing.

20190630_111518.jpg

There is another short tunnel, still carving through that rock must have been a task.

20190630_112138.jpg

20190630_113004.jpg

20190630_120019.jpg

I have an Aukey dash cam that gives really good 1080 video. Below is a sample. I also put together a time lapse vid of driving through Zion. The free software I used only supports 720 so the quality isn't as good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom